Rifle For First Time User

What air rifle would you recommend from the list below? I'll be going hunting 2-3 days a week and plinking in garden pretty much every day, I've hunted before with traps but this would be the first time using a rifle

HW100 T/KT

Air Arms 510

Daystate Wolverine Type 2 C

Air Arms 410

BSA Gold Star SE

Webley Raider Quantum

FX Wildcat

Reliability and build quality is VERY important, I don't want to have to send the rifle back for repairs after a couple of months, customer service is also important in case I need to return the rifle.

Please don't suggest me to buy a cheap springer rifle, I am getting a PCP not a springer, this isn't going to be used as a "hobby" it's going to be used for wild camping in 300 acre forest (Yes I have permission) so it needs to be reliable and solid quality.

Ditto to Jon, any of the HW 100`s in any format.

They are that good, I own two.

P.S. Welcome to the forum Sharback :good:

Thanks for the welcome,

Yeah I've heard some amazing reviews for the HW100, I've asked this question in a few different places and the HW100 absolutely dominates,

I've heard enough I'm going to go purchase one now!

HW100 :yes:

It's solidly built and is very slick to use. Also, it's impossible to double load it.

Yes I've heard about the solid build quality, the one thing I haven't heard about HW100 is how good is Weihrauch's customer support, but if the build quality is as everyone has said then I won't ever need to contact them.

have to agree with the lads here. I should have gone down the HW100 route but went for a cheaper Daystate Regal. I would put it up against any or the HW rifles now but has cost me loads to get it to that level. The HW100 will do what it says on the side of the tin. Straight out of the box.

• Like 1

S510 for me I've had a few Hw100 and never really got on with them I've got a s510 and a Ds ranger both very good guns how important is shot count if your camping?

Good point there about camping. I was thinking of everyday use, and plinking etc, and hunting 2-3 days a week. Gonna go through ALOT of pellets AND air if that's what he intends.

@ Sharback, you might want to consider the HW110, I've had one since last november in .177. Incredible accuracy, ultra reliable and consistent, and I'm getting over 120 shots per charge with h+n ftt and jsb exacts 4.52, and 130 with AA fields 4.52.

Hope that might be a little help for you :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark

S510 for me I've had a few Hw100 and never really got on with them I've got a s510 and a Ds ranger both very good guns how important is shot count if your camping?

Good point there about camping. I was thinking of everyday use, and plinking etc, and hunting 2-3 days a week. Gonna go through ALOT of pellets AND air if that's what he intends.

@ Sharback, you might want to consider the HW110, I've had one since last november in .177. Incredible accuracy, ultra reliable and consistent, and I'm getting over 120 shots per charge with h+n ftt and jsb exacts 4.52, and 130 with AA fields 4.52.

Hope that might be a little help for you :thumbs:

Shot count is pretty important since I'll be using a stirrup pump to re-charge, not too important for hunting since a full charge would cover me for a week out in the bush, it's more about plinking. As this would be my first air rifle so I'll be going through around 200 pellets a day I would think to practice, and if re-charging with a stirrup pump is as bad as everyone keeps saying then I'd want to minimize that,

I forgot to add in the op! it HAS to be quiet, like super quiet.