Nice usable recticle there , I like a 1/2" kill zone my self and a long flat trajectory , the range distance you have will get you zeroed started then confirm your second distance when your out .

With Chairgun you can tailor your zero to your requirements .

ATB

I put my details from the chrono readings into chairgun, and it read as the hw100 shooting at 11.97ft/lbs with jsb diablo exact 4.52, now that seems a little too close to the legal UK limit, I'm worried that a different chrono or pellet might give a higher reading, as I said in my 1st post I purchased the hw100 2nd hand, could I have it turned down a touch? If so anybody know where & who or is it sent back to weihrauch to be altered... Cheers peeps

David.Evans, I tried the mtc optics ballistic calculator out, put in the info I had but it only had 4 different scopes too choose from and my scope want on the list, would it still work?, sry but I dont understand all the ballistic stuff too much...

I'm the same as you Phil - some of those technical thingamajigs do work well for people but, I just don't get it :blink:

I've always set targets out a various distances and shot a load of pellets at them :yes:

I draw a picture of my reticle on a separate bit of paper and, mark down where the pellet impacts at each distance.

....... it works for me :thumbs:

Also, I find that doing it this way helps to get an eye for the ranges.

• Like 3

I put my details from the chrono readings into chairgun, and it read as the hw100 shooting at 11.97ft/lbs with jsb diablo exact 4.52, now that seems a little too close to the legal UK limit, I'm worried that a different chrono or pellet might give a higher reading, as I said in my 1st post I purchased the hw100 2nd hand, could I have it turned down a touch? If so anybody know where & who or is it sent back to weihrauch to be altered... Cheers peeps

theres plenty of vids on youtube, its easy to do :thumbs:

were not allowed to talk tuning on here :whistling:

atb si

David.Evans, I tried the mtc optics ballistic calculator out, put in the info I had but it only had 4 different scopes too choose from and my scope want on the list, would it still work?, sry but I dont understand all the ballistic stuff too much...

I'm the same as you Phil - some of those technical thingamajigs do work well for people but, I just don't get it :blink:

I've always set targets out a various distances and shot a load of pellets at them :yes:

I draw a picture of my reticle on a separate bit of paper and, mark down where the pellet impacts at each distance.

....... it works for me :thumbs:

Also, I find that doing it this way helps to get an eye for the ranges.

I am Spartacus !

I've downloaded Chairgun a couple of times, but......I just don't get it !

I'm far from stupid, and I can turn my hand to most things, but I'm just not teccy minded.

Nice usable recticle there , I like a 1/2" kill zone my self and a long flat trajectory , the range distance you have will get you zeroed started then confirm your second distance when your out .

With Chairgun you can tailor your zero to your requirements .

ATB

I did play with the kill zone size on chairgun got like between 12yd-30yd within the 1/2" kill Zone with my 19yd zero...

It can, but as mr brown says... it's awkward. But... your rifle isn't over the legal limit... HW100 pushing out 11.9. Mate you have a potent executioner there :D

Phil, I have tried chairgun a number of times and never yet got a result that actually works ....................................... it's me, I know it's me but I just cannot get my head round the bloody thing. It is out in the field for me at measured distances to get the hold over info.

I think Hawke are going to be at the South Yorkshire Shooting Show next weekend so if Doncaster is not too far for you, have a day out with some of us and have a chat with Hawke at the same time.

Phil

Three ways of doing it far as i know ,

One having Two chronographs one at muzzle and the other say about 50 yards away

Two probably the easy method Aim at target on your zero range then at say again at 50 yards ,then measure the drop of pellet

Three by sound but not worth it imo

Then go on chairgun , tools , calculate BC