Fx Or Daystate

depends on your hunting....

if your out all day long the wolverine is a good rabbit slayer but there a bit of a lump!

I've got an wildcat in .22 and have used it twinned with a photon for a year or so now and its perfect for farm work :thumbs:

two very different guns but both equally good!

atb si

• Like 1

Used a wolverine but never owned one. I have had two Wildcats and loved them but they had to go in order to buy my FX Impact.

These guns are quite different with the wildcat being a light and fast handling gun, the Daystate is much heavier and with their customer service record despite some people have no issues, I would not buy any gun made by them.

Just my thoughts.

Phil

Thanks guys the guns aye have shot just now s410 superlight in 22 hw 100 in 177 and to be honest only had the hw 100 just over a year but aye always prefer the airarms which av had for a few years a no a lot of guys love the hw 100 but its the opposite way for me airarms all day long but realy like the look of the fx wildcat in 22 some guys on utube say the fx in 177 is not as good as the 22 but dont no if thats true cheers

I recon the wild cat in .177 gets knocked on pellet choice due to them being quite fussy,

the smoothtwist barrels are tuned with jsb/aa variants so most other brands just won't group!

the cat in .22 is still pretty fussy but find an accurate pellet and set the power to suit that one. I use 16grain domed any of the above are just as accurate!

cos of how there set up heavier pellets don't put it over power they go the opposite way!

im with you on airarms rifles, great riffles... had an s510 witch I wish id kept hold of!

My Wildcats were a .177 and a .22 and to be honest, I had no issues at all. The .22 ran JSB RS pellets and the .177 ran either AA Field or JSB Exact again with no issues.

Both rifles were very accurate but as Si has said, stick to JSB pellets as the guns are set up on them in the factory. H&N pellets were rubbish and would not group at all neither would Falcon Accuracy Plus, in fact the FAP's could jam quite easily.

We all like different things and different designs so the choice is yours. I think my Impact is an ugly gun and I have never liked the look of this type of gun BUT the way it shoots and what you can do to the gun in terms of tuning yourself, cocking system etc is fantastic ....................................... I do miss a nice piece of wood sometimes although quickly forget it when I look at the results.

Good luck with your selection.

Phil