Collie Grey For Stud

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My best ever work dogs, were of Pedigree Unknown,...and none the worse for it...

If you're not sure, don't

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

He does look like there's a bit of bull in there. Is anyone going to say definitely  how he's bred???? Penda, do you know? Leewoody, how about you?

Agree with you there. He looks a strong type but people who want to use a genuine collie grey for stud would want to know for sure. 

Im always getting asked if my saluki collie grey has bull in him. But I know there isn’t any! 

You got to be honest with people. If there is a bit of bull in there then that might suit some people more. He looks a nice type and  If he’s doing his job and somebody wants to use him then that’s there call. 

ATB with him this season  

• Like 3

I suppose that’s the thing your never going to know for sure with dogs that are passed abouts pedigrees are made up to suit the owner that’s looking for a curtain cross to parm off on to them the question is if the dog was/is as good as made out why pass it on I find it very unlikely to be only collie greyhound in that dogs breeding I like collie xs but if I was looking for a stud this dog wouldn’t be my first point of call based on there’s not enough accuracy in information on the dog Be ok if you just wanted to nock out a litter to peddle on but when you have a good bitch you want to know everything An the dog is worthy of that bitch 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

its no problem to me if anyone uses him i dont want f**k all for it theres plenty people out there breeding of alot worse dogs than him the dog does his job and hes a well seasoned dog with a good bit of collie in him as said i couldn't care if 1 or 100 people want to use him.

2 hours ago, poxon said:

I suppose that’s the thing your never going to know for sure with dogs that are passed abouts pedigrees are made up to suit the owner that’s looking for a curtain cross to parm off on to them the question is if the dog was/is as good as made out why pass it on I find it very unlikely to be only collie greyhound in that dogs breeding I like collie xs but if I was looking for a stud this dog wouldn’t be my first point of call based on there’s not enough accuracy in information on the dog Be ok if you just wanted to nock out a litter to peddle on but when you have a good bitch you want to know everything An the dog is worthy of that bitch 

If you was looking t nock out a litter to peddle I don’t think it would be lurchers boolies me piss all this puppy peddler shit and people haveing a pip at me about pups anyone in there right mind would never breed a litter of lurchers to make money unless they were top match dogs or something , thats not a go at you btw 

and as the lad said on th other thread what was the point in him keeping the Dog if he wasn’t using it he got rid of his other lurcher aswell 

but yh you are right in what your saying but if the dog was genuine collie grey he would be useful to someone he might be a ugly f****r but there’s nothing he won’t get stuck into far from most the half hearted rabbit bashing collie x you hear about 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

If the dog does everything asked of it does it matter if it's got one ball etc. 

If the dog does everything asked looks don't come into it unless you are chasing rosettes 

I did actually go tsee a local show couple weeks back iv only ever been to a few takes him in ring old bloke goes can’t bring him in here mate he’s only got one bollock lol 

• Haha 2

Wouldn’t bother me him being cow hocked and only having one plum that’s bollocks lol 

as long as he does the job I wanted that’s all would matter to me . To many folk worried about looks nowadays . 

Good luck with him ?

Edited by marshman
  • Like 3

Always wise ta not get hung up on purity of a xs bred type,this be the part reason we shite bag collie types and lots using kelpie or cattle dogs or even a mix if it works all the better that bit of diversity freshens things up..why look any further afield if the standard sheep dog ticks the boxes it don't hence drop of alien blood ,all fa the best fellas .look at the Aussies they done it decades ago they now reap the rewards,from there animals if it's a collie xs with a twist ticking the boxes be wise fa those collie ur type keepers use him ,plenty were quick enough to think of using that don dog and that's a out an out mongrell,if loydeys nearly took the trip ta use him..the down fall of the new breed of keepers of working animals in these island ain't a patch on our forefather hence shite soft curs being used to produce cur lurchers .hence the drop in useful types of the xs other than a bit of coney bashing and odd birds lots don't even like feather ,fact but true. Atb bill

• Like 2