Collie Grey For Stud

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My best ever work dogs, were of Pedigree Unknown,...and none the worse for it...

If you're not sure, don't

Posted Images

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, LurcherLad94 said:

That's surely the dog you have Lurcher Lad?? He looks a fine dog to be fair.? I know that monorchidism (that's what it's called) is hereditary and would probably reappear in future generations and I would normally advise against breeding from him, BUT, if this dog is definitely only collie and greyhound he'd be worth a go. As Bunnys say's, good, game, collie/greys can be hard to find. When they are good they ARE good and should be bred from really.

1 minute ago, Maximus Ferret said:

That's surely the dog you have Lurcher Lad?? He looks a fine dog to be fair.? I know that monorchidism (that's what it's called) is hereditary and would probably reappear in future generations and I would normally advise against breeding from him, BUT, if this dog is definitely only collie and greyhound he'd be worth a go. As Bunnys say's, good, game, collie/greys can be hard to find. When they are good they ARE good and should be bred from really.

yh it is mate,,i thought the topic was like in the stud section or something not the main lurcher one i just put hes still here if anyone wants to use him,then realised it was in the main section and id only get the usual's giving me grief, and your right about the one bollock but like you say if he is genuine collie grey good dogs and few and fair between and the dog relay is all go so he may be handy for somone to use if there looking for a decent collie x as to be honest most of them you hear about are no good or start off well but soon get to cleaver or dont like the job there doing,i cant talk for the dog as to big bags of rabbits ect that there usaly known for but he will get his chance this season and see how he goes he may be to old for that but i just dont know atm 

• Like 1
On 17 September 2017 at 20:35, Leewoody said:

Looking to stud my 6yr old red merle collie x grey out very good lamping dog he is fast and very keen very game dog he only has one testicle but has produced litters before with no problems. I would just like pick of the litter to keep for myself

Nice dog pal, who bred him ?, atb 

12 minutes ago, LurcherLad94 said:

yh it is mate,,i thought the topic was like in the stud section or something not the main lurcher one i just put hes still here if anyone wants to use him,then realised it was in the main section and id only get the usual's giving me grief, and your right about the one bollock but like you say if he is genuine collie grey good dogs and few and fair between and the dog relay is all go so he may be handy for somone to use if there looking for a decent collie x as to be honest most of them you hear about are no good or start off well but soon get to cleaver or dont like the job there doing,i cant talk for the dog as to big bags of rabbits ect that there usaly known for but he will get his chance this season and see how he goes he may be to old for that but i just dont know atm 

f**k me mate there’s some shit talked amongst the lads you get dogs from. You put that pic up in the other thread of him saying you had been told he’s actually 9 not 5-6 but going of the date of this thread when it was started the dog is coming up to 7 or is 7 years old if he was 6 September last year. It’s hard to know where you stand with him. He’s got bull in then he hasn’t ffs

8 minutes ago, LurcherLad94 said:

Most of the collie/greys I've had over the years would take a bag of rabbits but my favourites were 2 first cross dogs and a second cross bitch and all three of those would fire up when necessary. It makes the dog a lot more interesting to hunt with IMO.

2 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

f**k me mate there’s some shit talked amongst the lads you get dogs from. You put that pic up in the other thread of him saying you had been told he’s actually 9 not 5-6 but going of the date of this thread when it was started the dog is coming up to 7 or is 7 years old if he was 6 September last year. It’s hard to know where you stand with him. He’s got bull in then he hasn’t ffs

i know yeh i was told the dog was 9 iv got the message that the previous owner sent to someone i know,and yh your right i was just looking at that i think somones got muddled up somewere,nothing i can do lads the dogs here now regardless of how old it is or how its bred so iv just to give him a chance and see how he does,but yes your right 

leewoody was kind enough to give me the dog but would be nice to know exactly how old he is ect as there is a big difference between 5-6 to 9 but like i said hes here now the dog does what i want 

2 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

Going from what you say LurcherLad94 at least it works which is something 

yh i honestly cant nock the dog iv ran a handfull of rabbits with him hes killed most he is a very fast dog not one of these types that doddle down the beam if he can see it no matter how far hes gone like a rocket and will retrieve  ect but thats all i have give him is a handfull non of this wipeing them out like last season before the season had already started haha..

but the other things hes done the dogs spot on no reverse gear 

14 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Most of the collie/greys I've had over the years would take a bag of rabbits but my favourites were 2 first cross dogs and a second cross bitch and all three of those would fire up when necessary. It makes the dog a lot more interesting to hunt with IMO.

thats it hopefully he will should kill some nice bags with him and my bitch this season