Old Bushers You Wish You Still Had

Adampie8432

My first ever dog leggy lakey Russell cross never a earth dog coaxed him into a pipe when I was about 13 he be about one big boar badger in there took a hideing never wanted to go to ground again but the best bushing terrier I've seen in all years I've hunted clever wasn't the word with that dog wish my bitches I've got now had half the brain he possessed lasted to the ripe old age of 17 when he had to be pts as his body started packing up he's buried in his favourite valley where he used to chill out with my old man when old fella used to take him fishing on a nice sunny day to get him out won't lie lads think everyone in family shed a tear when we buried him rip joe

• Like 5

A springer called Paddy. Totally mute but would hunt a fox for miles. Accounted for a lot of winged foxes when we were a gun pack. Never see anything like him. Also had a 3/4border bitch that hunted cover and dropped off in and was dug more times than I can remember. I know there's pictures somewhere but can't seem to put my hand on them

The kelpie in my avatar. He had a wonky hip and, as a result, no top gear(s) but he had the knack of being in the right place at the right time...and even if the other dogs did make the catch he still insisted it was his and they all agreed. :toast:

• Like 1

An old beagle/lakeland dog called bengi and a beagle/russell bitch called lady. Those two together put out some stuff, c**t next door let bengi out of the yard one day n he wass kilt on the road n the lady bitch was lost to ground on a fox. Hard to replace dogs like that

It's nice to hear off all the different types off old legends we once had. Any of you still carry the line on? Atb adam

After Rusty my next two kelpies were from slightly different breeding but they just didn't have his character so my current dog, and the pup I've ordered for next year, go back to the same lines as Rust.

Titch Lakeland/Russell bitch would hunt owt, no looker but steady all day ever day if you wanted, did ratting vid called the rat catcher with her at 15 year old still catching. Lived till 19 some little dog.

PUD

Edited by WHWT
  • Like 1

post-102035-0-65381500-1506402734_thumb.jpg

this old bitch was a honest bitch nice to have around the yard mother and grandmother to my dogs now

had a few thru the years my first spaniel x terrier no pics but size of the old type Russell catch rabbits for fun it opened my eyes to bushing dogs 30 years back

• Like 6