A Big Thank You To Mhopton

Would just like to thank Mark for the invite down to his yesterday

a few hours shooting then out with Blaze his dog for a few hours to

iv now got a different out look and a huge respect for the dog lads and there dogs

what a day me and Ethan had on one of the best perms iv seen for a long time

mind thought i was going to have another heart attack with all the hills lol

what can i say about Mark and his good wife well they both welcomed me and Ethan into there house (she makes the best cuppa iv had ) mark is a top lad and knows his stuff when it comes to shooting ,,,dogs,,,ferrets ,,and the lad can shoot as well lol.

Blaze is one good dog i was amazed at the work they put in and how the dog bonds to his owner ,,the way Mark can get him to turn and turn again with one command the way they work

together .it opened my eyes i just stood back and watched .

the way he brought the rabbits back to Mark and only mark was good to see as well Ethan was amazed with it all and never left Marks side and praised Blaze on every catch and retrieve.

loads of rabbits about and the shooting was good my best of the day was 60 yrds it ran and stopped just out side of its burrow and turned to look at me but i was all ready on it and sent a jsb heavy on its way and down it went but in its death throws it kicked its self down its burrow ,

so did not get it in the bag ,and the shooting went on for a few hours into darkness with some cracking shots being pulled of by us all from zero to 60+yrds .

Mark took us shooting fed us watered us and treat us as good old friends

just like some nutter from Scarborough we all know

Iv got to say iv made some good friends off this forum and the list go,s on

DOG LADS :hmm::hmm::hmm: THERE NOT AS BAD AS THEY WOULD LIKE US TO THINK THEY ARE :tongue2::laugh:

THANK YOU SO MUCH MARK

TOP DAYS NIGHTS SHOOTING AND OUT WITH ONE OF THE BEST DOGS IV SEEN

TOTAL WAS 30+ RABBITS

20+ TO THE RIFLES

11 TO BLAZE

O AND I SHOWED MARK HOW TO GUT THE RABBITS USING JUST THE FINGER NO KNIFES LOL

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,HAVE A LOOK AT THE PIC OF THE SWALLOW ME AND ETHAN GOT THAT CLOSE I COULD OF PICKED IT UP

post-63400-0-36398500-1505638612_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-18580000-1505638623_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-16985200-1505638641_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-48167000-1505638658_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-30585100-1505638676_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Looks a great day out lads.

I completely agree with you over the dog lads Jimmy as I`m mates with a good few, been out with them ( gun less) and watched and appreciated the skills involved.

The best lurcher I ever saw was a collie lurcher first cross - that dog read the book to us ! :icon_redface::laugh:

My first dog was a brindle lurcher ( Brett) - jack Russell x whippet first cross and ran with the collie lurcher - the travelling lads offered me £300 for him just over 30 yrs ago - a lot back then and no, I would never have sold him for any money.

atb Mark

• Like 1

Still like a nite out with the lurcher it's nice to get out with other people and see how they go about there buisnes well done lads

After last night i can see why Pav

iv got total respect for the lads now

and i see you and Billy had a good night to my friend

Mark Ethan is getting one of the lamps that Mark was using last night and you know whats coming next lol :laugh::yes:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

When you on about hills and the area I probably wasn't far off you to be honest if we knew we could have met up and had a brew because I was sitting ages waiting for Billy lol thought he got lost

SOME OF US HAVE GOT IT

AND SOME OF US HAVE NOT

I FEEL SORRY FOR THEM PAV

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

sounds like a brilliant day/night lads

I think its great how lads off here meet up, were all in different wolds job wise and lifestyle but share the same interests!

I've got mates with birds and dogs and can happily sit gassing with them for hours!

id get another dog tomorrow but I can't dedicate enough time to it so I can't

top result for all three of you :victory::thumbs:

atb si

ps... whats Ethan gonna call his dog :laugh:

• Like 2

Yeah was mint could not of ask for a better night mint lad mark is

If I was to get a dog I would be calling him Rex after my tx200 lol that ain't gunna happen not for a while anyway stick to the old rifles

Mind gunna get out soon again with the dogs defo it was canny but not going to get one "no way pedro" lol

Yeah as a said was a mint night altogether and thanks a lot to mark (mhopton)

Oh also great kebab down that way lol.

Edited by Ethan TX
  • Like 3

Guys a gent. I had a cracking morning out with him an dogs. Hopefully have few more this season he deffo knows his onions

I cant argue with that Katchum ,he showed me a thing or two

and you just cant help but fall for Blaze

But i dont know how you lads do it lol

iv done nothing but sleep all day :laugh:

atvb jimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yeah was mint could not of ask for a better night mint lad mark is

If I was to get a dog I would be calling him Rex after my tx200 lol that ain't gunna happen not for a while anyway stick to the old rifles

Mind gunna get out soon again with the dogs defo it was canny but not going to get one "no way pedro" lol

Yeah as a said was a mint night altogether and thanks a lot to mark (mhopton)

Oh also great kebab down that way lol.

Uncle Porky is going to take you out when he gets back from working away Ethan

he has been on the phone to me ,,,,AND YOU WILL BE USING ONE OF HIS DOGS ,,,,not him YOU

and he will be there to couch you on :yes:

atvbgrandad :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

sounds like a brilliant day/night lads

I think its great how lads off here meet up, were all in different wolds job wise and lifestyle but share the same interests!

I've got mates with birds and dogs and can happily sit gassing with them for hours!

id get another dog tomorrow but I can't dedicate enough time to it so I can't

top result for all three of you :victory::thumbs:

atb si

ps... whats Ethan gonna call his dog :laugh:

Si you would like the lad just like us one of the lads

mind you would need climbing boots if he took you to the perm he took us to

Quarry cliffs and hills

crows in rabbit holes roosting (i kid you not)

Rabbits that climb walls

and rabbits that think there mountain goats lol

We saw it all yesterday

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Jimmy after yesterday mate my door will always be open for you and Ethan to come down mate really enjoyed it and I'm totally made up over your comments of my little dog apart from his name haaaaaa its blade not blaze pmsl even more so that he has shed the light on the working lurcher especially the little ones who have had no training . Unfortunately I can't make the landscape change to flat ground but I'm sure that next time you'll be able to see all its glory as the weather conditions brought the darkness home a little early for us but still yourself and ethan enjoyed it which was the top of my list todo .

Also thanks for the kind words for Mandy our lass knows what we hunters are like and she's always % for the wellbeing of the the dogs and ferrets and she's the same when I have gussets coming she's diamond mate or nearly forgot about you getting hold of the ferret lol again you and ether are welcome down anytime it was a pleasure to be out with you both thanks for the grate company atvb mark

• Like 3