Mind Masher

mark asked me a few weeks back about the pros and cons of the 97's and the prosport as he was or is interested

in treating him self!

well I finished work early cos we ran out of blocks so I had an hour with the ps,

after this I was fcuking fuming... I felt like smashing it up!

post-102306-0-81602700-1505496862_thumb.jpg

so after picking my lad up from school id chilled out and had another go :victory:

I didn't keep count of how many shots id put into that group but it was a lot, they were just hitting the mark so I carried on!

then I thought about what mark had said and decided to see how the 97's measured up to it :hmm:

the .177 97 was out so I tweaked the scope and started another group that was going well, same thing just hitting the mark!

then I gets a phone call informing me of a kids party tomorrow bloody miles away then the grouping turned to sh1t

had a smoke and a brew.. chilled back out and set to it with the old .22 97 using .53's that Rez recommended

these are all at least 15 in each group

post-102306-0-95053800-1505497707_thumb.jpeg

top left ps using jsb heavy

bottom left .177 97 jsb heavy

bottom right .22 97 h&n ftt .53's

post-102306-0-94381200-1505498522_thumb.jpeg

and my conclusion is I don't have a fcuking clue!

the ps turned out the best group but look at the state of round one... if you put it on a cushion and don't hold the fore end it'll print a one hole group, just not in my hands though!!

the 177 97 was turning out a better one and is way more forgiving until some one gets on your tits!

and the .22 79 shows up as the worse but it handles and shoots better than the other two put together, I couldn't be bothered taking the

sling off and that was the cause of the pap group!!

hope this helped mark!!

im off to smoke some crack now :laugh::cray:

atb si

• Like 7

You have proved a good point Si - with spring rifles, if you don`t build your shot correctly, you miss, if you don`t concentrate on what your doing, you miss.

Remember that practice session I did with the TX a week or so ago ?

post-85710-0-06965900-1505505535.jpg

One of the lads said, what`s up, did you have a lapse in concentration ?

I replied that I had,- then had a brew and went again with the old girl, the FWB Sport 124 (.177 cal)

post-85710-0-41959100-1505505551.jpg

Had another zero check last night on the TX and she was striking a match at a 38 yd zero, here`s the result from a 41 yd free standing shot.

post-85710-0-81470900-1505505874.jpg

Your shooting ended up top class in the end Si` :good:

Compliments to you.

• Like 2

its got nothing to do with your wonky eye :yes:

its the sling on the rifle :whistling:

Nothing wrong with the PS when i shot it Si :whistling::tongue2::laugh:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

maybe just a little :laugh:

I swear you need massive hands to be able to shoot it properly!

I've not got fairy mitts but that stocks broader than your Geordie accent ;)

atb si

• Like 1

Run out of blocks , bo$$ocks , just a lazy twat , and a shit shooter to boo , lol

Can't win em all si

Atb mate

its true dave... the clock hit 12 and we ran out!

literally :toast:

that shooting shows the weekend of the 30th, you'll have to get into jimmy about it :thumbs:

atb si

• Like 1

You have proved a good point Si - with spring rifles, if you don`t build your shot correctly, you miss, if you don`t concentrate on what your doing, you miss.

Remember that practice session I did with the TX a week or so ago ?

attachicon.gifIMG_0700.JPG

One of the lads said, what`s up, did you have a lapse in concentration ?

I replied that I had,- then had a brew and went again with the old girl, the FWB Sport 124 (.177 cal)

attachicon.gifIMG_0701.JPG

Had another zero check last night on the TX and she was striking a match at a 38 yd zero, here`s the result from a 41 yd free standing shot.

attachicon.gifIMG_0721.JPG

Your shooting ended up top class in the end Si` :good:

Compliments to you.

cheers mark :thumbs:

it docent look like it but that ps is a head wrecker.... for me any way!

I can go out with it and miss everything by a country mile or its lights out the next day!

I have to go against how I've always shot and grip the sh1t out of it to get good groups....

it will probably be ace over a primos cos if I remove all human contact from the front its laser accurate, its got next to no recoil now and is so

quiet its shocking!

I've thought about butchering some of the under stock, cos theres no doubt its good !

just got to get it to fit right!

atb si

atb si

FITS MY MITTS OK

we still going to the shooting show then Si me Ethan still coming down to yours on the Friday and then to the shooting show on the Saturday .

You got to go you promised and im going to keep you to it twat

atb si

FITS MY MITTS OK

we still going to the shooting show then Si me Ethan still coming down to yours on the Friday and then to the shooting show on the Saturday .

You got to go you promised and im going to keep you to it twat

yeah... to right :thumbs:

if I can't farm the kids out they will be coming with us :D

I'll give you a bell this aft!

atb si

That's just feckin typical - I hate it when that happens :rolleyes:

..... I've tried to shoot when I've been distracted and, just couldn't hit a thing.

But, there's nothing more satisfying than a good springer session when you're on form :yes:

Those second groups are shit hot mate - I'd be well happy with those.

Nice rifles - that .22 97 is very nice to shoot :yes:

• Like 2

That's just feckin typical - I hate it when that happens :rolleyes:

..... I've tried to shoot when I've been distracted and, just couldn't hit a thing.

But, there's nothing more satisfying than a good springer session when you're on form :yes:

Those second groups are shit hot mate - I'd be well happy with those.

Nice rifles - that .22 97 is very nice to shoot :yes:

haha...cheers jon

the ps kicks my arse if I'm not on form...

think the .22 hits the mark out of sympathy, I can go weeks without shooting it and its like meeting up with an old friend :victory:

hows the tx coming on?!

atb si

off back to finish that garden wall tomorrow so I'm gonna take the .22 with me :laugh:

mark asked me a few weeks back about the pros and cons of the 97's and the prosport as he was or is interested

in treating him self!

well I finished work early cos we ran out of blocks so I had an hour with the ps,

attachicon.gifIMG_1956.JPG

so after picking my lad up from school id chilled out and had another go :victory:

I didn't keep count of how many shots id put into that group but it was a lot, they were just hitting the mark so I carried on!

then I thought about what mark had said and decided to see how the 97's measured up to it :hmm:

the .177 97 was out so I tweaked the scope and started another group that was going well, same thing just hitting the mark!

then I gets a phone call informing me of a kids party tomorrow bloody miles away then the grouping turned to sh1t

had a smoke and a brew.. chilled back out and set to it with the old .22 97 using .53's that Rez recommended

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_238.jpeg

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_235.jpeg

the ps turned out the best group but look at the state of round one... if you put it on a cushion and don't hold the fore end it'll print a one hole group, just not in my hands though!!

the 177 97 was turning out a better one and is way more forgiving until some one gets on your tits!

and the .22 79 shows up as the worse but it handles and shoots better than the other two put together, I couldn't be bothered taking the

hope this helped mark!!

atb si

where did you buy the 79 , been down to my RFD and asked him out them , he looked at me if i was some sort of cnut :hmm:

• Like 2

in treating him self!

attachicon.gifIMG_1956.JPG

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_238.jpeg

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_235.jpeg

hope this helped mark!!

atb si

where did you buy the 79 , been down to my RFD and asked him out them , he looked at me if i was some sort of cnut :hmm:

Because you asked about a 79, or .........? :whistling::laugh:

• Like 1