Springer X Foxhound First Cross

shaneg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 15/09/2017 at 19:24, wipeout said:
On 14/09/2017 at 22:07, shaneg said:

The springer is mute hunting but a demon to hunt foxes. I won't take the chance breeding so. A mute dog is no good to me.

just wondering Shaneg. If the fox gets out of the cover or were ever the springer puts him out of and runs for a couple of fields how far would the springer follow 1 ,2 miles or all the way to were ever he holds up and if so do you collar the dog like the hounds just wondering as only recently started goin out with hounds

My old Springer was way better dan a foxhound he would be on top of the foxs in covers  he had a great voice  on him had him for 14 years so ya can get really good Springers that hunt a fox and give voice  when the Springer barking on fox on a hunt it sounds more like a foxterrier.but now a days there is not many Springers like that the Springer I had was very big as big  asLabrador you don't see to many like him any more them old breeds of Springer  ware great hunting dog the Springers you see to day are way to small and a lot of them wont last the day hunting 

• Like 1