Is Ukip At Risk Of Becoming The Uk Nazi Party?

Go to solution Solved by BGD,

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stumfelter I don't think Wilf is saying he pays over 50% income tax. He's saying over 50% of his annual earnings ends up as tax revenue. He might still be wrong but that's how I am understanding it.

I'd trust him over Corbyn every time !

What state penshion ?........they spent that ages ago. They are borrowing whatever you get off your kids and grandkids

Fair play to you lads, it's nice to read that not everyone is pissed off.

Personally, I resented every last penny the c**ts screwed out of me! Lol

Don't take this personally but why would anybody think there entitled to a free ride?

No offense taken mate but I didn't think that at all, I'd of happily paid for everything myself if they let me keep the money and it would have been cheaper!

About 5 or 10% is where any government minding its own business and thinking about the rights of its people should be at......everything else is just jewellery ;)

Are you sure it would be cheaper? If you got hit by a bus and spent 6 months in intensive care and they billed you for £170,000 in care charges would you be happy.

I'm positive, in the U.K. Private is cheaper than the NHS and that's a fact.

Could you show me where?

Don't take this personally but why would anybody think there entitled to a free ride?

No offense taken mate but I didn't think that at all, I'd of happily paid for everything myself if they let me keep the money and it would have been cheaper!

About 5 or 10% is where any government minding its own business and thinking about the rights of its people should be at......everything else is just jewellery ;)

Are you sure it would be cheaper? If you got hit by a bus and spent 6 months in intensive care and they billed you for £170,000 in care charges would you be happy.

Could you show me where?

Private for 6 used to cost me about £50 a week........the NHS is £65 a week.

Could you show me where?

Private for 6 used to cost me about £50 a week........the NHS is £65 a week.

Where do you get the £65 a week from? Some people won't even be paying that much tax a week never mind the small percentage that goes to the NHS.

Small percentage!? The NHS is one of the largest parts of the budget. Without it we could virtually do away with income tax.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_2017_United_Kingdom_budget

If you don't pay tax the NHS is free, you can't get a smaller percentage than that!

And you won't get many folks who don't pay tax discussing the merits of libertarianism! LOL

• Like 2

Small percentage!? The NHS is one of the largest parts of the budget. Without it we could virtually do away with income tax.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_2017_United_Kingdom_budget

If you don't pay tax the NHS is free, you can't get a smaller percentage than that!
Nothing comes for free mate and that really is a fact.

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's chips, you give the government 6 and a half months wages every year.....only you can decide if that's value for money.

Me, I looked all this stuff up, found out and came to the conclusion it wasn't .......hence I checked out.

Whatever sits right with you I suppose matey.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2

In a libertarian system, the healthcare would be based on the market economy. You'd pay as you go and the price would be dictated by the market. Unfortunately, the American system has laws that dictate that everyone must have healthcare so the prices are based on what the insurance companies feel like charging.

Opposite ends of two systems that are massively expensive. I certainly wouldn't be happy with a bill like that but are you happy paying the wage bill for the 5th largest employer in the world? The NHS employs 1 in 37 people in the UK. They don't charge a direct fee and exist purely from the public purse. Like all government systems, they're extremely wasteful with zero accountability, they ask for more money and your taxes go up. Granted you're not getting charged £170,000 in an itemised bill but you're paying similar money on the drip for your entire adult life.

Personally, I believe that healthcare is a right along with education, police, fire, military, protection etc. I'm more of consequentialist libertarian though and while purists will argue that health and education should be private I look at the full benefit to society. Any system that has government regulation is going to cost money. How expensive depends on the quality of your government... this is where we come in.

Is private education cheaper?

Is public education an education anymore? :hmm:

Small percentage!? The NHS is one of the largest parts of the budget. Without it we could virtually do away with income tax.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_2017_United_Kingdom_budget

Nothing comes for free mate and that really is a fact.

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's chips, you give the government 6 and a half months wages every year.....only you can decide if that's value for money.

Me, I looked all this stuff up, found out and came to the conclusion it wasn't .......hence I checked out.

Whatever sits right with you I suppose matey.

Could you give me some idea where you looked it up as I must be doing something wrong as I'm on PAYE and don't pay anything like six and a half months wages in tax. I'm not surprised you opted out as you must have been in the super Dooper tax bracket.

In a libertarian system, the healthcare would be based on the market economy. You'd pay as you go and the price would be dictated by the market. Unfortunately, the American system has laws that dictate that everyone must have healthcare so the prices are based on what the insurance companies feel like charging.

Opposite ends of two systems that are massively expensive. I certainly wouldn't be happy with a bill like that but are you happy paying the wage bill for the 5th largest employer in the world? The NHS employs 1 in 37 people in the UK. They don't charge a direct fee and exist purely from the public purse. Like all government systems, they're extremely wasteful with zero accountability, they ask for more money and your taxes go up. Granted you're not getting charged £170,000 in an itemised bill but you're paying similar money on the drip for your entire adult life.

Personally, I believe that healthcare is a right along with education, police, fire, military, protection etc. I'm more of consequentialist libertarian though and while purists will argue that health and education should be private I look at the full benefit to society. Any system that has government regulation is going to cost money. How expensive depends on the quality of your government... this is where we come in.

Is private education cheaper?

Is public education an education anymore? :hmm:

It certainly was when my kids went to school.

Stumfelter I don't think Wilf is saying he pays over 50% income tax. He's saying over 50% of his annual earnings ends up as tax revenue. He might still be wrong but that's how I am understanding it.

Take for instance when you buy fuel. At £1.20 a litre, like it is at the moment, 58p of that is duty and 20p of that is VAT. Bought with money you have already been taxed on at least once!

• Like 6