Nosey Pricks

I think a cur acting dog is an ideal type for a guard dog.. Something you cant put your hand on.. am aware dog that knows an intruder can hurt it..straight in types and that dog in video could be killed easily by a intruder.. i.e screwdriver in through rib cage

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a good point actually Robert, fitness plays just as big a part as training and natural heart and a lot of folk neglect that aspect when it comes to guard dogs   As for the bullmastiff like s

Get there cctv pics up here someone might know the c**ts

The last visit i had was a few years ago and they climbed up on the wall when i was out and no mask or any form of covering on their faces,they dont give 2 fucks who sees them,as for finding the head

Posted Images

A dog that's constantly losing it's hold and not keeping the attacker under control is much more likely to get hurt. Good luck reaching for your screwdriver, aiming it and striking with enough force to do damage while getting ragged about by a 150+lb dog that's determined to kill you.

And of course a snappy cur may well just decide to run and hide in it's kennel until the threat has passed...

I wouldn't be impressed if a guard dog of mine put on a display like that. Proper half hearted attack by the bigger of the two and the smaller one just barking on the sidelines like a cur.

Got the job done but I'd put that down to the burglar being half hearted and unprepared himself.

the smaller dog looks like a pup, i agree with the attack being half hearted

Aye watching it again I think you're right. Still it isn't showing great signs, backing up and barking instead of getting stuck in even though it's got the bigger one for back up.

Good effort for a couple of pets but I'd want something a bit more full on especially if I lived in South Africa!

i know what you mean, like said my mates got a boerboel bitch ok it only young dog 18 months old so not switched on as yet proper as they seem to be bit slow to mature like most big breeds. but a breed we talked about before Dutch Sheppard they very full on and 70lb clamped on to your hand or leg would be hell , they might not have size of the big breeds , but there a lot more vicious . when we were kids my brother got bitten by a bloody Dalmatian the dog was only 55 odd lb it got me brother through his had/wrist , had to have stitches , he told me it was like having your hand slammed between a closing door , the pain was terrible , so a more full on type dog like a gsd or dutch Sheppard would deff stop any man unless you shot it .

Im not saying that is a cur but fights like a cur..swapping holds and watching you the hole time aware you can and will hurt them if given the chance..alot of malinois nd herders been ruined by bull blooded added to them for stupid activites such as kpnv it has taken the self awarness and genuine working ability from the breed..always looking for guidance etc.. something like field trials have done for alot of springers but thats just my opinion i'll stick to my herders who i can leave loose knowing their not going to leave the property nd jump the 4ft wall to mill the neighbour ha

I wouldn't be impressed if a guard dog of mine put on a display like that. Proper half hearted attack by the bigger of the two and the smaller one just barking on the sidelines like a cur.

Got the job done but I'd put that down to the burglar being half hearted and unprepared himself.

the smaller dog looks like a pup, i agree with the attack being half hearted
Aye watching it again I think you're right. Still it isn't showing great signs, backing up and barking instead of getting stuck in even though it's got the bigger one for back up.

Good effort for a couple of pets but I'd want something a bit more full on especially if I lived in South Africa!

i know what you mean, like said my mates got a boerboel bitch ok it only young dog 18 months old so not switched on as yet proper as they seem to be bit slow to mature like most big breeds. but a breed we talked about before Dutch Sheppard they very full on and 70lb clamped on to your hand or leg would be hell , they might not have size of the big breeds , but there a lot more vicious . when we were kids my brother got bitten by a bloody Dalmatian the dog was only 55 odd lb it got me brother through his had/wrist , had to have stitches , he told me it was like having your hand slammed between a closing door , the pain was terrible , so a more full on type dog like a gsd or dutch Sheppard would deff stop any man unless you shot it .

Aye you can't really appreciate just how much it hurts getting bitten by a dog that means business until you've experienced it. Even a relatively small dog can do a lot of damage in no time at all if it's determined enough.

Edited by BGD

Im not saying that is a cur but fights like a cur..swapping holds and watching you the hole time aware you can and will hurt them if given the chance..alot of malinois nd herders been ruined by bull blooded added to them for stupid activites such as kpnv it has taken the self awarness and genuine working ability from the breed..always looking for guidance etc.. something like field trials have done for alot of springers but thats just my opinion i'll stick to my herders who i can leave loose knowing their not going to leave the property nd jump the 4ft wall to mill the neighbour ha

Think I get you now, you're right you wouldn't want a dog that just mindlessly keeps it's hold while taking punishment but at the same time it needs to know when to shift it's bite and when to hold on and work it. Not like the dog in the video that just had a sloppy half hearted hold from the start!

Maybe have to take into account the conditions. I've been in SA in 40 deg C heat, couldn't move, all we could do was get the little cousins to fetch us beers. Many of the houses have those little maltese crosses to raise the alarm and then the big dogs come out! From what I could see some of those yard dogs weren't really exercised just left in the yard, others were fit and sharp and you definitely waited at the gate! Most of those dogs in SA seemed to hate Africans on sight! Must be generations of breeding!

In Douglas Oliffs book the old standard from 1925 when bullmastiffs were probably more of a working breed the max weight for dogs was 110lbs and the old pictures show athletic looking dogs, not unfit lumps!

That's a good point actually Robert, fitness plays just as big a part as training and natural heart and a lot of folk neglect that aspect when it comes to guard dogs :yes:

As for the bullmastiff like so many of the mastiff breeds it's been ruined by breeding for size and looks sadly. My old bandog (bullmastiff/APBT/American bulldog) was closer to the old type bullmastiffs than any purebred I've seen. He was around 110lb and fit as anything, you certainly wouldn't have wanted to tussle with him ;)

HQuc80J.jpg

• Like 5

Couple of alsatians I had would let you in but the fun started when people tried to leave. Couple of my pals got a good bite on the arse and would have got worse if there had been nobody there to save them. Dog would lie quietly once someone was in and act as if it was a asleep and bide its time.

• Like 1

cracker that BGD , he deff looked like the old type bullmastiff , it was one of the reasons i came out of bullmastiffs , with poor health , temp, etc this was back in the early 80s , so god knows the state of the breed to day . my mate with the Boerboel reckons that the Boerboel his more healthy than any bullmastiff to day. Ok they might be compared to bullmastiff , but any dog that weighs in from 10st - 14 st deff going to get hip =HD and elbow probs , if labs , gsd , rotties , breeds alot smaller get it bad , them big buggers will deff have the same probs . i never thought about bandogs , yeh bred to work and not for looks and being hybrid anyway , and fit healthy 8st dog like BGD would deff fit the bill , suppose the prob today is getting a well bred bandog , and who breeding quality dogs, not these dogs lot of the pakis seem to like and keep today, there lot of rubbish out there

• Like 1