Baked Rabbit With Peppers And Courgettes

We were getting ready for a family BBQ with a couple of young rabbits the main attraction, with loin kebabs and marinated legs, alongside bunny burgers. Then it tipped with rain and thunder, so a quick change of plans saw the rabbits and kebab peppers, courgette and onions tipped into a baking tray and put in the oven.

3JDKUKX.jpg?1

This turned out to be a very tasty dish. Half a pint of my homemade dry cider half way through the cooking process adding to the flavour. The full recipe is on my blog. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/baked-rabbit-with-peppers-and-courgettes-sunday-roast/

• Like 11
  • 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

We were getting ready for a family BBQ with a couple of young rabbits the main attraction, with loin kebabs and marinated legs, alongside bunny burgers. Then it tipped with rain and thunder, so a quick change of plans saw the rabbits and kebab peppers, courgette and onions tipped into a baking tray and put in the oven.

3JDKUKX.jpg?1

This turned out to be a very tasty dish. Half a pint of my homemade dry cider half way through the cooking process adding to the flavour. The full recipe is on my blog. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/baked-rabbit-with-peppers-and-courgettes-sunday-roast/

looks amazing ken great colour and assortment of veg

Thanks for the comments guys. Considering that this was an accidental dish, it is now on the favourite list. With no courgettes left in the garden, we doubled up on the sweet peppers and the onions this week, adding the rest of the cider near the end of baking (less a glass for the cook!) Easy to prepare and easier to eat. I need to go out and shoot a few more rabbits now.