Bsa R10 Mk2 Or Daystate Huntsman Regal?

Hi all, i have worked all the overtime and saturdays that i could get and saved my pennies and am now in the position to be able to afford a pcp airrifle and associated kit and have narrowed my choice down to eather the bsa r10 or the daystate huntsman regal.

So my question is which one would you choose? my gut is with the bsa, looking for advice before I spend my hard earned (Midland game fair next weekend).

Thanks Richard.

• Like 1

Out of the Two then BSA R10 for sure would not touch daystate with a barge pole , overrated , overpriced crap and i have had both , can't say to much because the dastate boys will start throwing their toys out of the pram

Like some of the lads have said HW100kt or KS ,probably one of the best ,if not the best PCP guns made

• Like 3

HW100 ALL DAY LONG

AND THATS FROM SOME ONE THAT HATTED THEM

NOW WELL LETS PUT IT THIS WAY

DS MERLYN LOVED IT TO BITS

HW100 HUNTER CARBINE SPORTER STOCK ONE HAD TO GO

ILL LET THE PICS TELL YOU WHICH ONE I KEPT

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-76729100-1505077143_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-26544100-1505077187_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-74425900-1505077217.jpg

post-63400-0-53807000-1505077623.jpg

post-63400-0-76767800-1505077699_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-72315400-1505077735_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-43412500-1505077769_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Hillbilly1975.

Can't say anything much about BSA PCP guns except BSA are not the great British rifles they once were. Gamo of Spain owns and builds them and the standards generally are not all that great. But, get a good one and you'll have a really good one. from what some lads I know say of theirs.

Daystate Regal is a very elegant and beautiful rifle but you'll find it needs a regulator to be nmde for one.

Mine is a stunner and is .177 cal. It is a rabbit killer with JSB Heavies. Its Harper valve system is only good at 150-160 bar and above that, it comes in underpowered. Expect a sweetspot of a full 1 ft/lb from 10.3 to 11.3 when straight from the factory; and that's a hell of a swing in oomph. There have been rafts of complaints about various issues people have had with it. But, if you spend a bit more, about £120, with Airtech, Carl there will turn it into a monster supergun. I love mine to bits, now he's worked his magic on it but, Jesus, getting it there.... :hmm:

Best thing to say is, only buy one if you really REALLY want one. But be prepared to have it worked-up to bring it up the standard it should be, straight from the box, at around £800 a pop.

Personally, I think you should seriously have a look at an HW110 with this sort of money in the ballance. It looks a stunner of a rifle to me and Weihrauch are building better guns these days.

You've worked hard mate and good money spent on a proper rifle is not to be rushed into. Time to reward yourself properly I'd say! :thumbs:

I hope you end up with a rifle that delights you and gets you the sport you're after. But try everything as well as you can before you decide on The One! :thumbs: :thumbs:

All the best with whatever you buy.

Simon

• Like 2

Just one thing on the HW110, reports are coming in of magazine problems in older guns. I would stick to an HW100 myself, I owned one, until I had to sell it.

When it came to replacing it, I managed to find a Super 10 instead.

Never seen anywhere about magazines problems , Where did you see this and have you a link to it ?

• Like 1

Just one thing on the HW110, reports are coming in of magazine problems in older guns. I would stick to an HW100 myself, I owned one, until I had to sell it.

When it came to replacing it, I managed to find a Super 10 instead.

Never seen anywhere about magazines problems , Where did you see this and have you a link to it ?

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?809688-Another-which-rifle-thread/page2

Post 30, bottom of page, text copied to here

Phoned my regular gun shop recently to ask for a price on a new HW110 and the gunsmith's opinion of the rifle. He advised against me buying one until they have sorted the cocking/indexing problems. They have sent quite a few back to Hull Cartridge for repair and still have customers bringing guns back. He said the problem seems to show after some use, in some cases up to 9 or 10 months old. Has anyone who owns one on here encountered the same problem

• Like 1

I have both, and honestly, I would be hard pushed to choose which one, they are both factory standard, they both shoot perfectly, they have both required odds and woods, probe orings in the regal, mag orings in the r10, just usual basic stuff.

Out to 40 yards they will punch the bull out all day long, longer shots the regal probably maybe just edges it, I think...really is nowt between them, but I have two good ones, took a while to find them but I am well happy.

I would maybe choose the regal over the r10 purely on looks for me, it's a personal touch, and my choice, others see it different.

You need to feel, shoulder and shoot both to decide, as if mine are owt to go by it will be what feels best and looks best, you couldn't choose from performance, reliability, or build.

I also have the hw100, and again it's a good gun, but mine has been problems with seals and rebuilds so I don't rate is as high as the other two.

• Like 2

Seems all guns these days have some issue or other that needs finishing or fixing. :hmm: It's the fact that my partner Helen has a brilliant Daystate Huntsman Classic and the looks of the Regal that won me over to buying one for myself. I can't speak for every Regal owner but mine is a stunning performance rifle with its Airtech regulator. Like Rabid says of his, mine too will punch the bullseye out all day long.

If the HW510 is experiencing problems with magazine and pellet indexing then, I'd go back to your original question...Which of the two...

AND BUY THE DAYSTATE REGAL.

• Like 3

Seems all guns these days have some issue or other that needs finishing or fixing. :hmm: It's the fact that my partner Helen has a brilliant Daystate Huntsman Classic and the looks of the Regal that won me over to buying one for myself. I can't speak for every Regal owner but mine is a stunning performance rifle with its Airtech regulator. Like Rabid says of his, mine too will punch the bullseye out all day long.

If the HW510 is experiencing problems with magazine and pellet indexing then, I'd go back to your original question...Which of the two...

AND BUY THE DAYSTATE REGAL.

No disrespect Simon but you paid £800+ on a gun then spent another £120 to get it to work like it should out of the box .

At £800 i would like a gun to work with out power issues ,shroud rattling , pellet dropping into the hammer system , powder coating coming of and at that price it should be regulated in the first place .

Yes the 110 is having a few problems ,mine has gone back for drop in power ,but so did both of my HW100k's .

The difference is HC has picked it up without any fuss unlike daystate . Daystate ask you questions and the put the blame on to you ,until you mention trading standards ...

The best PCP gun i have had out of the box is both of my BSA ultras , First one cost me £325 and SE £425 , i don't mind spending another £120 on a reg and tune and still comes in under £600 for a gun ,which will match any top price gun pellet for pellet

ATB Mitch

• Like 2