Hi there. Can anyone tell me why suppressors cannot be posted and have to be face to face. I can't understand how an inert bit of metal can be subjected to this, when a magazine that is needed by some air rifles, can be sent through the mail system. I can't find any where in the VCR that mentions silencers, moderators, suppressors and the restriction placed on them. I have even spoken to the Firearms officer at Lincoln, and all he would say was "if its for FAC you need to put it on a slot to use with a particular rifle". Didn't actuallyy answer the question i put forward to him in an email. Can anyone tell me where to find the regulations about this?

Is this just a regulation set out by politicians in London that have never even fired, let alone handled an air rifle or firearm. They seem to just introduce these things without talking to the people that actually use these weapons either for a living or for sport and leisure like most of you on here do on a regular basis.

I'm new to the air rifle sport, but I'm finding it a mine field as regards to all the regulations and restrictions placed on them.

Can anyone help

Cheers

I know I have a 175lb with hunting tips I have a hard job to cock the dam thing but whe I let it go I can't find the blood arrows. I find it strange that you can buy barrels and send them in the post but not suppressors weired. Try finding the relevant act that supports it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.. What got me worried was the the firearms officer when he spoke to me had to be reminded what the VCR was. That didn't I still much confidance.

Nice of you to reply mate and hi

Sorry Donator didn't see the last question from you. I was looking at a Weihrauch modarator but the price and the one I wanted was in Blackpool about a 4 hour trip. My local couple of RFD are a bit to rich for me. I can't understand all the hoops you have to jump through for somethings but others are no problem the laws are ass about face. I had my Ultar tuned and a shroud and suppressor sent through the post, beats me.

take the mod off and try it ,,if its still shooting to the left it may be your scopes

try zeroing them again ,,,temperature,,,slight knock,,,,cheep scopes all can afect zero

all ways check zero every time your going shooting all ways

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sorry Donator didn't see the last question from you. I was looking at a Weihrauch modarator but the price and the one I wanted was in Blackpool about a 4 hour trip. My local couple of RFD are a bit to rich for me. I can't understand all the hoops you have to jump through for somethings but others are no problem the laws are ass about face. I had my Ultar tuned and a shroud and suppressor sent through the post, beats me.

No worries mate :thumbs:

It's only shops that aren't allowed to post them - private sellers still can.

..... a used Weihrauch silencer is usually around £30/£35 - it's worth keeping an eye on the sales sections.

Good luck with your search.

• Like 1

Sorry Donator didn't see the last question from you. I was looking at a Weihrauch modarator but the price and the one I wanted was in Blackpool about a 4 hour trip. My local couple of RFD are a bit to rich for me.

just my opinion, but if your local RFD cannot price match or be within a few pounds then I for one would not be using them again. I live in East London and not many RFD shop left in London who stock or sell Air Rifles and accessories.

All the very best

"if its for FAC you need to put it on a slot to use with a particular rifle"

Correct, but for a non FAC rifle you can post a mod anywhere you like, if an RFD is not willing to do that its their choice.

Technically its a little involved, but any mod that is not proofed can be sent direct, the reality of that that you will be lucky to get any mod that is designed for a rimfire or centrefire in the post, proofed or not.

Who told you this...

Hi there. Can anyone tell me why suppressors cannot be posted and have to be face to face. ???

It is not correct!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

It’s also ridiculous that you have to have a slot for a moderator for an air rifle on an FAC even though they don’t have serial numbers so can’t be matched to any rifle or traced. You can swap moderators to your hearts content between rifles and no one would ever be able to prove it yet it’s the law to have a slot for one. Most FAC air rifles come with them fitted yet they are listed separately 

None of my FAC rifles have the mods listed by name as there is no serial number or name listed on them so in effect, you 'could' swap them without anyone being any the wiser. As said before, they are found every now and then in the sales sections of forums, I gave one away a few weeks ago which you could have had but too late now.

Check with Crawfords in Scunthorpe to see if they have one at a price you are happy with, I can pick it up and you could meet me at one of our Bell Target evenings around the Market Rasen area if that helps.

Phil