• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Triumpht140

Triumpht140

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:26 am

another question about the fac application,  Part B, Question 10,  asks "Do you suffer from any relevant medical conditions" 

taking that at face value I presume this means at the time of application and not any condition from 5 or 10 years ago.

Funny how these simple straightforward forms can appear so ambiguous.

#2 Deker

Deker

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:46 pm

"Do you suffer from any relevant medical conditions"

That seems like present tense to me.  

• Triumpht140 likes this

#3 The one

The one

Honorary Life President of the THL New Member Welcoming Committe

• Donator
  • 38,886 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:09 pm

If your over 21 you should know never to divulge more information than required to any one  :thumbs:

• Blackbriar and Triumpht140 like this

#4 walshie

walshie

"English Dai"

• 15,498 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:15 pm

The answer to that would be no. Although anything from your past will come up when they contact your GP.

#5 Triumpht140

Triumpht140

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:17 pm

thanks for the replies, after reading the Home Office guide I got the impression there was a 5 year cut off for relevant conditions but I suppose it depends on how serious the condition was, the individual and the issuing police force,

#6 Badgerdaddy

Badgerdaddy

Rookie Hunter

• Donator
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:56 pm

thanks for the replies, after reading the Home Office guide I got the impression there was a 5 year cut off for relevant conditions but I suppose it depends on how serious the condition was, the individual and the issuing police force,

I had a nightmare with the same question and said no to any issues at the time of making out the form.  However, not mentioning a spate of depression which stopped 12 months before I made an application came back to bite me in the proverbial. The question defo refers to the hear and now and the fact that they will contact the doctors means they will get all the info they need any way.  But no, I got questioned and told in no uncertain terms that I should have mentioned it as it looks like I was trying to hide the issue.  (I can understand the reasoning as no one should be handling fire arms who are a danger)  I get that, but the question should be made clearer as to what they want you to put down.

Mention everything mate as it will help with the process.  They did finally issue me with a section one and with all that I had asked for so happy days but is was a bit of a fight.

Good luck. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users