neil cooney

Does Carophyll Keep.

That's what I was thinking. It's only for the mule in the kitchen and as I've enough for the whole moult I don't see a need to buy some, unless it could go stale and harm him ?

That's what I was thinking. It's only for the mule in the kitchen and as I've enough for the whole moult I don't see a need to buy some, unless it could go stale and harm him ?

It's like any powder Neil if it's kept dry it will be fine for a few years.

• Like 2

Thanks lads.

Next question, how do I get the little fecker to use his bath and not bathe in his drinker sending red water everywhere, LOL.

put the drinker as low down in cage as possible ,take the bath away, or put it in softfood . sprinkle some on a piece of apple all work,,,,, just find whats easier for you

OK, he only seems to bathe in the drinking water when the colour is in it and it is down low.

Never heard about sprinkling it on apple, good idea.

He's a beauty but I didn't get the colour on him last year that I'd have liked.

I bred red factors for a few years and always got them right but this mule is a bugger, LOL, I call him Pavarotti.

I always found colour feeding in the water a complete nightmare I had far better results in my soft food

• Like 1

When I bred a load of mules I used it in the water as you get some birds that aren't keen on egg food but a lot of people get good results using it in the feed.

• Like 2