Fuel Before A Night Out

my dogs get fed twice a day regardless once in morning and once on a night , if I'm out lamping they would get fed in morning as normal then a good meal when I got back after lamping and same if I was out first thing in morning they would get fed once I got in.I usually like to add abit of rice or brown bread to they last meal before going out , I would be interested in hearing from the coursing lads pre ban of course in to what they would feed before , im sure everyone has they own little tricks theory's lol

Domestic dogs don't have a biological need for carbohydrates; they use protein to rebuild muscle and use fat for energy. As a built-in safety mechanism, yourdog's body likes to store energy. When a diet is deficient in fat but contains carbohydrates, the body willstore carbohydrates forenergy instead.

Get the fat Into them.

• Like 2

Dogs are always fed last thing at night.I feed them as normal,no wheat in there diet,minced Chicken carcass/ bit of heart but with a bit extra Salmon oil than normal and add a bit Lard. Last feed they get night before Im going out. One lad I used to know used to add Glucose (sugar) to the feed which has no place in a working dogs diet. I give them the same feed again once Im back home.

Edited by MickC