The New Season

I have had my whippet out a few times now the fields are cut she's been doing well picking up most of the bunnies i have raced her on bringing them back to hand she's much more switched on this season giving 100% i could not be happier with her she is like a different dog compared to last season long may it continue

• Like 2

my 1st night last season had me nearly killing my dog.

1st night this season she only had 5 but behaved perfectly'

2nd night another 5 and again brilliant.

3rd night 5 again good as gold

4th night had 7 but the horrible bitch f****d off twice,only about 30 seconds but f**k that after switching lamp off.

out of the 7 rabbits,3 had mixy.which is a right b*****d.the farms only 3 miles away and holds very good numbers.

so might try and clear them out and have a couple with my 7 month old pup.

have a good season everybody.

• Like 1

Haven't lamped yet cause a few daytime stuff bit digging my bullx pup hasn't started as I liked hoping she matures next couple months and put my name down for another pup strange starting the season without my old bitch

If you put the work in with her am sure she will come good in the end my little whippet ran the arse off every thing last season but would not pick them up. This season she is running really well picking them up like she should have been doing all last season just be patient it will come

Had my little whippet out this weekend it was hard going with the moon being out had five races on the bunnies got three of them most of the bunnies where sitting right up against the fences hopefully get some cloud cover and a bit of wind for this coming weekend

Al be over the moon when my little whippet starts to get in to double figures going to try some new ground this coming weekend not been up there this year had good numbers on it last season just a bit of a drive hopefully the lads with the rifles have not wiped it out

Had my little whippet out on Friday night got the first two rabbits I raced her on. Got to the next field there was a rabbit sitting about ten yards in to field so i slipped her on it she raced it along the fence and after a few twists and turns it dove under the fence she tried to follow it and smashed in to the barbed wire when she came back I noticed she had a cut on her shoulder about the size of a five pence and a slit on her chest about two niches long so that cut my night short had her to the vet on Saturday morning got a few stitches in her chest so that's me not playing out for a week or two

Ginger beard That's teenagers for you.......sal/bull/ greys take a while to mature anyway and can be frustrating c**ts.

Just seen your bitch is 3, mine used to have a mad one every blue moon......the type of episode that has you saying "what the f**k are you doing?!"

It never lasted beyond that a couple of nights and then normal service would be resumed.

Don't sweat it mate.

Edited by WILF
  • 3 weeks later...

Had my bitch to the vet on Friday just gone to get her stitches out got two new farms to do while she been out of action they have a good few bunnies on them and a lot of hears so al be hitting them this weekend with one of my mates no barbed wire fences up there just hedges should make for a good nights lamping