Bought a fruit press from Machine Mart today lads - the 12 ltr press.

This same press with differing stickers/ makers in many a shop retails at around £140 to £190.

Machine Marts was £85.

Here`s the apples.

post-85710-0-27640200-1504811814.jpg

Here`s the fruit press.

post-85710-0-68175700-1504811870.jpg

Should be fun :thumbs::drink: - yes I`ve more than 1 apple before you start :laugh:

atb Mark

• Like 3

Hi Ginger Beard,

I like the occasional K cider, 8% :whistling:

I`m wearing L plates with the rough cider brewing but we have all got to start somewhere mate :thumbs: .

Home brew wine though, I`ve been making for years and years.

I`ll drink it as soon as it stops fizzing and starts kicking :laugh:

atb Mark

Hi Ginger Beard,

I like the occasional K cider, 8% :whistling:

I`m wearing L plates with the rough cider brewing but we have all got to start somewhere mate :thumbs: .

Home brew wine though, I`ve been making for years and years.

I`ll drink it as soon as it stops fizzing and starts kicking :laugh:

atb Mark

used to drink k cider back 15/20 years ago and thatchers done a good range of small ciders they done one called tremlits bitter(named after the apple i think) 14.7 %..it was either that or white lightining or 20/20.

I've got to get my finger out and start thinking about this years Cider but also I've got my eye on a pear tree growing down the road to me I'm definitely going to have a bit of a dabble on Perry this year.

Funny enough whilst writing this post I'm drinking a pint of last years Cider and it's lovely the longer you leave it the better it gets.

Good luck chaps looking forward to seeing all the brews.

Just to add any one new to making Cider check out last years thread titled Cider there was some excellent advice and techniques to get you going.

Edited by FLATTOP

My rig for cider making is a wooden frame, with a baking tray in the bottom to catch the juice, a couple of bits of pine shelf to crush the pulp and a bottle jack to provide the power. The chopped apples go in a garden shredder to provide the pulp, which drops into a bowl. The pulp goes into some window net curtain parcel, which is put between the bits of shelf. More info in my blog. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/cider-making/

• Like 3