182 replies to this topic

#61 FLATTOP

FLATTOP

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:51 pm

I deal with all sorts of strange call outs on the railway I got called to these the other week I was told there's two sacks in the 4 foot that's the space between the rails giant puffballs I believe, there older trains that run on this line so the toilets flush straight onto the tracks I've seen tomatoes and all sorts growing between the turds.IMG_0899.JPG

you can see the toilet paper on tracks it's not worth getting hepatitis for a mushroom

lol I wouldn't have touched them in a million years I've worked on the tracks for a while and I've seen all sorts needles turds tampons leptospirosis is a major concern jonnys the lot so those mushrooms were swerved.

#62 jiggy

jiggy

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:03 pm

I deal with all sorts of strange call outs on the railway I got called to these the other week I was told there's two sacks in the 4 foot that's the space between the rails giant puffballs I believe, there older trains that run on this line so the toilets flush straight onto the tracks I've seen tomatoes and all sorts growing between the turds.IMG_0899.JPG

you can see the toilet paper on tracks it's not worth getting hepatitis for a mushroom
lol I wouldn't have touched them in a million years I've worked on the tracks for a while and I've seen all sorts needles turds tampons leptospirosis is a major concern jonnys the lot so those mushrooms were swerved.
They even stopped selling the oak railway sleepers over here in case of disease.
  • FLATTOP likes this

#63 green lurchers

green lurchers

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:14 pm

If black when cut they're earthballs and not edible but could be just young mushrooms

had a look on the pc i think they maybe stump puffballs  :thumbs:

#64 Arry

Arry

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:49 pm

Been out the same place had a good basket full. "Hedge Hogs" some of the biggest "Chanterelle's" i've ever found some "Winter Chanterelle's" taken couple of "Common Yellow Russula's" to try. A new one for me and there are loads of them but they are nearly aways dirty or the slugs have got them. Also the one that look like stones are "Birch Polypore's" to try, very interesting on that web site.

Attached File  P1190351.JPG   227.62KB   0 downloads

Some more pics of the "Winter Chanterelle's"

Attached File  P1190352.JPG   211.42KB   0 downloads

Some big "Chanterelle's" put my knife on them to show the scale.

Attached File  P1190347.JPG   165.72KB   0 downloads

"Common Yellow Russula"

Attached File  P1190353.JPG   182.85KB   0 downloads

The "Birch Polypore" growing on a dead silver birch. It has lot of properties Anti septic, Anti fungal, Anti Cancer and you can take a strip off the bottom and use as a plaster which will stick to it self, but can't find it in my books only on that web site.

Attached File  P1190350.JPG   259.5KB   0 downloads

Cheers Arry
  • green lurchers and Stockpot like this

#65 green lurchers

green lurchers

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:53 pm

Been out the same place had a good basket full. "Hedge Hogs" some of the biggest "Chanterelle's" i've ever found some "Winter Chanterelle's" taken couple of "Common Yellow Russula's" to try. A new one for me and there are loads of them but they are nearly aways dirty or the slugs have got them. Also the one that look like stones are "Birch Polypore's" to try, very interesting on that web site.

attachicon.gifP1190351.JPG

attachicon.gifP1190352.JPG

attachicon.gifP1190347.JPG

"Common Yellow Russula"

attachicon.gifP1190353.JPG

The "Birch Polypore" growing on a dead silver birch. It has lot of properties Anti septic, Anti fungal, Anti Cancer and you can take a strip off the bottom and use as a plaster which will stick to it self, but can't find it in my books only on that web site.

attachicon.gifP1190350.JPG

Cheers Arry

spot on arry them polypores look great what they eat like?

• Arry likes this

#66 South hams hunter

South hams hunter

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:08 pm

Few bay bolutus and broken up fields for a stock

What is the Boletus that has the reddish sponge mate? I don't recognise that one. The other recon is a "Bay Boletus".

Cheers Arry
They're both bays mate, it looks funny in that pic but don't know why
  • Arry likes this

#67 South hams hunter

South hams hunter

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:28 pm

P1190351.JPG

P1190352.JPG

P1190347.JPG

"Common Yellow Russula"

P1190353.JPG

P1190350.JPG

Cheers Arry

so winters are false chanterelles? Or they different again mate

#68 green lurchers

green lurchers

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:58 pm

Few shaggy parasols and a nice horse for tea tomoro

Attached Files

• Arry likes this

#69 Arry

Arry

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:55 pm

P1190351.JPG

P1190352.JPG

P1190347.JPG

"Common Yellow Russula"

P1190353.JPG

P1190350.JPG

Cheers Arry

so winters are false chanterelles? Or they different again mate

No mate "False Chanterelles" are a darker orange usually with a round flat cap and cut orange. Orange gills orange stem. See if I can get a pic up of one, saw a small one today and most I find growing on wood ant nests but not always.

The real "Chanterelle" cuts white like in this photo.

Attached File  P1190343.JPG   204.84KB   0 downloads

The "Winter Chanterelle" also know as "Trumpet Chanterelle" nickname "Yellow Leg" is a really good mushroom just starting in Fir Woods right under the brash and needles, hard to spot at first but once you get your eye in you find loads. Dry really well and will crush to a powder in a pestle and mortar.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry, 24 September 2017 - 06:56 pm.

#70 Arry

Arry

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:04 pm

attachicon.gifP1190351.JPG

attachicon.gifP1190352.JPG

attachicon.gifP1190347.JPG

"Common Yellow Russula"

attachicon.gifP1190353.JPG

attachicon.gifP1190350.JPG

Cheers Arry

spot on arry them polypores look great what they eat like?

Well sliced one up and fried couple of slices, first it tasted nice and mushroomy then a bitter after taste, not so good for eating. But read up on them on that web site very very interesting. Also tried the "Common Yellow Rusula" bit mild and a bit peppery.

Cheers Arry

#71 South hams hunter

South hams hunter

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:04 pm

I see, I'll have a proper look up. Thanks arry

#72 green lurchers

green lurchers

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:10 am

Few more out the horse field this morn in the ommlette

Attached Files

• F@ Larry and Arry like this

#73 green lurchers

green lurchers

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:56 am

That's ink cap dinner on the menu later

Attached Files

Edited by green lurchers, 25 September 2017 - 09:19 am.

• F@ Larry and Arry like this

#74 Arry

Arry

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:12 am

Few more out the horse field this morn in the ommlette

Nice bit of grub you rustled up there mate. Good show of mushrooms. Been a really good year as it started very early and stayed very mild and damp.

Cheers Arry
  • green lurchers likes this

#75 micky

micky

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:13 am

Many years ago there was an old fellah in the village told me about some type of Mushroom that he called Bloods, he said they had to be soaked over night in salt water and in the morning the water was blood red, he was not a man who made things up but i have no idea what he was talking about. 

• Arry likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users