Labs And Water Training

Hi, I'm not up on the training of labs so want to pick your brains, a bloke next door to my auntie has two labs which are about 8 to 10 months old, well last week he left his dogs out in garden for two hours in rain that was lashing down, no cover for them, so I asked him what he was doing! Toughening them up!!! Then days later for 30 mins he had the house pipe on them, he said getting them trained for water!!! I'd have got them ready months before that, anyway is this a practice done by gun dog owners or his he a Pratt?? Kind regards, BB

Edited by bracken boy

What a FCKG numpty. He is a complete and utter fool. Should not be allowed to have dogs. Of all the breeds that take to water the Lab without doubt is the King. Show them a puddle and they are in. Makes you wonder what other daft schemes he/she is going to come up with. Jok.

• Like 2

The way that idiot is carrying on the only way he'll get anything out of water is going in himself..complete moron ..

Jok , the lab I have now couldn't swim , she went in the river and I ended up going in and getting her out ( NOT recommended) ..the woman who sorted her out surprised me by saying she sees quite a few labs that have a problem swimming , one session sorted her this never involved rain or hose pipes .

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...