First Cross Beddy X Whippet With Smooth Coat?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thanks, he is a first cross. will try and get a photo to day   here you go...

this is my boy

my boy looked smooth as a pup. he's now 20 mnths.

Posted Images

Never say never maybe a second cross of 2 first crosses and they think.it's a first cross lol

Well there was a few looked smooth with bits of longer hair but more smooth than anything. Dam is a full whippet and sire a full bedlington...apparently.
those with longer hair has you put it will go rough and on a note lots a first xs about some second third generation and so on hence some open roughshod some double coats and low and behold smooths if bred from unrelated stock they still retain outcross vigour.atb bunnys.
  • Like 1

Never say never maybe a second cross of 2 first crosses and they think.it's a first cross lol

Well there was a few looked smooth with bits of longer hair but more smooth than anything. Dam is a full whippet and sire a full bedlington...apparently.
those with longer hair has you put it will go rough and on a note lots a first xs about some second third generation and so on hence some open roughshod some double coats and low and behold smooths if bred from unrelated stock they still retain outcross vigour.atb bunnys.

So what your saying is if we see a smooth coat on a first cross litter then we shouldn't presume the person is telling lies because this does happen. Seems everyone has a different opinion. Only the people that breed them will know I 100percent I suppose. Thanks Bill I thought someone was trying to pull the wool. Cheers

• Like 1

How old are the pups? When my first cross was young he was smooth but got rougher as he got older, if they are only 8 weeks they could end up rough even if they are smooth now.

8 weeks mate. Got bits of longer hair in the end of the ears and bits through the coat that look like longer grey hairs but not too many at the moment. Looks smooth coated mainly at the moment.

How old are the pups? When my first cross was young he was smooth but got rougher as he got older, if they are only 8 weeks they could end up rough even if they are smooth now.

8 weeks mate. Got bits of longer hair in the end of the ears and bits through the coat that look like longer grey hairs but not too many at the moment. Looks smooth coated mainly at the moment.

. That sounds like it could have a good coat on it ,some have these silky open coats that let all the wet in to the bone and quite often remind me off a sodden rat .atb bunnys.

My bed/whip/grey was like that at 10 weeks,bit of fluff on muzzle and ears,other than that he was smooth with a few white flecks in his coat.By 6 month he,d a thick broken coat.He looks like a small deerhound now lol.

My bed/whip/grey was like that at 10 weeks,bit of fluff on muzzle and ears,other than that he was smooth with a few white flecks in his coat.By 6 month he,d a thick broken coat.He looks like a small deerhound now lol.

You got any pics mate?