Scotland Calling.

Which part of sutherland mate?Stunning area,truly beautiful.

On the coast , north of Inverness.

Really is a stunning area , just need a job or two, :hmm: , when i get there . ( well after a couple of weeks sorting myself out).

Used to do a lot of lamping around dornoch golspie etc,always used to get permission fairly easily,good luck with the move.

Thanks , i'll be in Brora , 2 miles or so from Golspie . Great chip shop in golspie , the best fish supper .
make sure he lets the fish drain of cooking oil before he serves it to you,I sometimes stayed above the chippy in Golspie the lad who owned it was called roger,it's his son who has it now,last time i was there it was a case of as soon as it's ready get it in the box and and out the door instead of letting it drain for a few minutes,up the road a bit is Helmsdale good chippy there also,tab wf

Which part of sutherland mate?Stunning area,truly beautiful.

On the coast , north of Inverness.

Really is a stunning area , just need a job or two, :hmm: , when i get there . ( well after a couple of weeks sorting myself out).

Used to do a lot of lamping around dornoch golspie etc,always used to get permission fairly easily,good luck with the move.
Thanks , i'll be in Brora , 2 miles or so from Golspie . Great chip shop in golspie , the best fish supper .
make sure he lets the fish drain of cooking oil before he serves it to you,I sometimes stayed above the chippy in Golspie the lad who owned it was called roger,it's his son who has it now,last time i was there it was a case of as soon as it's ready get it in the box and and out the door instead of letting it drain for a few minutes,up the road a bit is Helmsdale good chippy there also,tab wf

Cheers , we must have gone on a good day then, :thumbs: , thanks for the tip will definately give Helmsdale ago.

i've realised this week just how much pest control gear i have , :icon_eek: .

I'm not sure where to post this , but have put it here as it's the section i visit most.

I'm finally relocating to Sutherland after alot of thought , giving up my business and customers here has been harder to do than i thought it would be.

All the business has gone to another local pest controller , so i just have to start from scratch all over again.

Unless , i can find someone to sub for or buy some business from, who knows?

Friday's the big day , then it's off to the Highlands.

Well done, on 'taking the plunge',...& hopefully youll 'find your feet', up there, before too long,....now you are aware, its highly unlikely to be as dry as Norfolk (is it ?), arent you ? :thumbs: lol,.....(its ok though, cause it cant be more 'wet', than where i am,..much further south in Scotland, on the 'west coast',...which has got to be in contention,for the area, with the highest amount of rainfall, in the UK ! :yes:) ATB

Edited by earth-thrower
  • 2 weeks later...

The move went well , just no T.V . , no internet and no telephone , but the scenery is incredible .

I guess i'll have to have a week or two off until it's all sorted and then I can hopefully pick up some work.

Good old library internet service .

So far , I love it here . :boogy:

• Like 3