Scotland Calling.

I'm not sure where to post this , but have put it here as it's the section i visit most.

I'm finally relocating to Sutherland after alot of thought , giving up my business and customers here has been harder to do than i thought it would be.

All the business has gone to another local pest controller , so i just have to start from scratch all over again.

Unless , i can find someone to sub for or buy some business from, who knows?

Friday's the big day , then it's off to the Highlands.

• Like 2

Mate happy for ya and gutted for ya all in one. Happy that your off to a beautiful part of the world, plenty of work up there surely for a decent rural pest controller. Gutted youve been turfed off your patch by another pesty, was/is there nothing you can do? We all have competition but it must be serious if he has totally taken over.

Mate happy for ya and gutted for ya all in one. Happy that your off to a beautiful part of the world, plenty of work up there surely for a decent rural pest controller. Gutted youve been turfed off your patch by another pesty, was/is there nothing you can do? We all have competition but it must be serious if he has totally taken over.

Not sure he meant it like that mate :D

Good luck Rowan

Cheers, D.

Wow, what prompted that Rowan? I take it you have no family or kids with you?

Sometimes, even with a family, a move is necessary, granted it is better without, to reduce the impact of schooling, friends etc

Good Luck Rowan - hope you have a good log burner for the winter

Just the wife now , dog, ferrets etc.

I've thought about it for years and decided there's never a good time to completely change your life , infact you can come up with a book full of reasons why not to move.

Just feel it's now or never .

The slightly worrying bit is finding work from scratch , but i have a real passion for pest control and love that way of life .

Yes , the new house has a decent sized wood burner , plus we will be two fields away from a distillery . :boogy:

• Like 2

Which part of sutherland mate?Stunning area,truly beautiful.

On the coast , north of Inverness.

Really is a stunning area , just need a job or two, :hmm: , when i get there . ( well after a couple of weeks sorting myself out).

• Like 1

Really is a stunning area , just need a job or two, :hmm: , when i get there . ( well after a couple of weeks sorting myself out).

Used to do a lot of lamping around dornoch golspie etc,always used to get permission fairly easily,good luck with the move.

• Like 1

Used to do a lot of lamping around dornoch golspie etc,always used to get permission fairly easily,good luck with the move.

Thanks , i'll be in Brora , 2 miles or so from Golspie . Great chip shop in golspie , the best fish supper .

• Like 2