Fort William

Some sound advice here lads, I've done a fair bit of hill walking so I've got the gear for all eventualities...even got crocs and a compass...lol

Thanks for all the input, can't wait to get up there, got a feeling it's not going to be my last trip to the west coast

• Like 1

Scotland is awesome, Glen Nevis is one of the nicest places I have been. Glen Coe and Isle of Skye are worth a visit too. Spin to lock ness and camp a night there maybe too? Had some brilliant holidays up there ever, found some great places by buying a map and exploring the back roads over mountains.

Have a good one.

• Like 2

Do not forget to take some midge repellant they are real hungary at this time of year smidge is good and smells ok.

we have been using Avon skin so soft through the summer down here, obviously "harder" midges up that way but its been good so far..was hoping that they would have died off a bit in September..

Midges were bad yesterday. I was over in fort william stalking last week, and it was bad at times. Smidge works for me. The stags are just beginning to get moving, and the first roaring should be any day now / next week. It is always worth seeing and hearing that. we stalk the other side of Fortwilliam, at Corpach and Locheil, and the scenery is quite something.

• Like 3

Midges were bad yesterday. I was over in fort william stalking last week, and it was bad at times. Smidge works for me. The stags are just beginning to get moving, and the first roaring should be any day now / next week. It is always worth seeing and hearing that. we stalk the other side of Fortwilliam, at Corpach and Locheil, and the scenery is quite something.

I'll tolerate midges for a stag roar...I'd no idea it was the season, fingers crossed

Thank you