What's Your Best Lurcher

They were all good in there own way. One was a bit special just because we bonded so well but typically he never came home one night

That happened to a friend of mine. Put lots of work into it and was just getting where he wanted him. Slipped it one night. Chased the quarry into woodland and didn't return. Searched woods night and day for weeks but seemed to of vanished. Bad times.

That is terrible not knowing like Ray says. I phrased that wrong mine did actually make it home just didn't see the morning :(

That doesn't sound good, what happened?

Remember it like yesterday. Me and a mate were lamping a big field one of us down each side. But one rabbit ran away from the hedge and out on my beam. My mate just happened to pick the action up in his beam. The dog took an age to come back and my mate came over and said he had taken a hell of a tumble in a ditch that was running down the middle of the field. Checked him over and he seemed fine. Had a few minutes then moved on. Slipped him again but he didn't move and then started to fit. Hell of hike back to the car carrying him. Got the vet out straight a way but he spent the night going in and out of fits on my bed. Had him put down in the morning. Hit me hard and couldn't face a pup again. In fact its took me over 20 years lol. Part and parcel though

Jesus mate, sorry to hear about that mate. The 1st time one of mine died I was out with a friend of mine with the lurcher and my Patts and one of my patts chased a Charlie and didn't come back. Looked for two days which was next to a rail line. One of the workers out of the rail line junction box come down and seen me looking and shouting with my lamp and he shouted me over and told me to describe my dog. Told me it had been decapitated by a train. Never felt grief and heartache like it. Typing this now makes me feel it like it was yesterday. Such a shame was only two years old.

They were all good in there own way. One was a bit special just because we bonded so well but typically he never came home one night

That happened to a friend of mine. Put lots of work into it and was just getting where he wanted him. Slipped it one night. Chased the quarry into woodland and didn't return. Searched woods night and day for weeks but seemed to of vanished. Bad times.

That is terrible not knowing like Ray says. I phrased that wrong mine did actually make it home just didn't see the morning :(

That doesn't sound good, what happened?

Remember it like yesterday. Me and a mate were lamping a big field one of us down each side. But one rabbit ran away from the hedge and out on my beam. My mate just happened to pick the action up in his beam. The dog took an age to come back and my mate came over and said he had taken a hell of a tumble in a ditch that was running down the middle of the field. Checked him over and he seemed fine. Had a few minutes then moved on. Slipped him again but he didn't move and then started to fit. Hell of hike back to the car carrying him. Got the vet out straight a way but he spent the night going in and out of fits on my bed. Had him put down in the morning. Hit me hard and couldn't face a pup again. In fact its took me over 20 years lol. Part and parcel though

Jesus mate, sorry to hear about that mate. The 1st time one of mine died I was out with a friend of mine with the lurcher and my Patts and one of my patts chased a Charlie and didn't come back. Looked for two days which was next to a rail line. One of the workers out of the rail line junction box come down and seen me looking and shouting with my lamp and he shouted me over and told me to describe my dog. Told me it had been decapitated by a train. Never felt grief and heartache like it. Typing this now makes me feel it like it was yesterday. Such a shame was only two years old.

very tragic :(

I'm going to say my collie/grey x whippet/grey with a small drop of deerhound blood she's done real well for me over the seasons day An night no world beater but a real honest bitch she's always tryed her hardest for me and been a pretty bomb proof bitch were injuries are concerned her luck ran out Friday night sadly she'll be visiting the greyhound man shortly but I've a feeling she'll be retired to the sofa