Ferreting Camera To Ground

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. There's obvious problems when trying to fit a ferret with a camera, especially when in a working environment. Size and weight vs audio and video quality. Mud, stones and water. Shaking and bashing. Slowing the ferret, preventing it from turning around or making it harder to fight. Getting snagged on nets and roots. Battery lifetime. Lighting is another big factor as the required battery can become as big as the camera battery itself. Last year I modified a "Y3000" and ran some simple LEDs off a watch battery, and while it did somewhat recorded the action (Which may be fine for checking a ferrets performance) it was nowhere near suitable enough to show the public.

I'm in the process of having another go, but I won't make any promises. I prefer the quality of my main method even although it doesn't capture every moment. I work with electronics and will throw a bit more money at it this year... shall see

Edited by ZeusPolecat
  • Like 1

Hello. There's obvious problems when trying to fit a ferret with a camera, especially when in a working environment. Size and weight vs audio and video quality. Mud, stones and water. Shaking and bashing. Slowing the ferret, preventing it from turning around or making it harder to fight. Getting snagged on nets and roots. Battery lifetime. Lighting is another big factor as the required battery can become as big as the camera battery itself. Last year I modified a "Y3000" and ran some simple LEDs off a watch battery, and while it did somewhat recorded the action (Which may be fine for checking a ferrets performance) it was nowhere near suitable enough to show the public.

I'm in the process of having another go, but I won't make any promises. I prefer the quality of my main method even although it doesn't capture every moment. I work with electronics and will throw a bit more money at it this year... shall see

I'm looking forward to seeing some more videos from you mate, they are definitely some of the best of ferreting on YouTube