How's Everyone's Season Started

I don't do a great deal with terriers myself at the moment but have in the past and only bushing and ratting, I'm more for lurchers. My little brother has both terriers and lurchers and we went for a mooch earlier today. We took both his terriers and both my lurchers. He's got a very game and strong lakey type dog and a real small tight nuttall bred patterdale bitch, I've got a wheaten whippet greyhound bitch and a first cross wheaten greyhound dog pup. We was out no longer than half hour and his lakey went to ground in thick thorny bramble brier in a kicked out old rabbit warren. After an hour and half he came out and it was visible, what he had been up to all that time. Our kid said let him back in and he will bring it out......yeah whatever, didnt beleive him, back in went his dog and a few minutes later we could hear him growling near the entrance and the next thing I see was him attached to the reason he dissapeared for an hour and half. I couldn't beleive he brought it out. First 1 I've ever done with terriers, and to think this dog was a freebie off a hunts terrierman cos it would only work above ground apparently. Think its give me the bug, wouldn't mind maybe getting a good bitch?????

Get your brother to put the lakie over the patterdale.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to be plenty about up my way everywhere we try is holding and normally we struggle a bit early on. Have 3 pups started 2 have 2 digs under there belt and another has one dig. Couldn't be happie

Had a morning out thought I'd give poppy a spin in a place we thought was 1.5 ish according to last time well 3.2m and 4 hours later she had well impressed me at 14 months

Just get a mini digger.........  

Posted Images

I gave some lads who I'd never met or spoken too, a hand few years back to rescue 2 young dogs that dropped to ground without collars, 3 days they spent digging it with no luck, 4th day myself and a good friend travelled up to give them a hand, collard up a little Russell bitch and got a mark at 7.3 m, it is what it is.... We dug the depth, found the young bitch in a bad way, kept digging for the dog, he wasn't that lucky. You put a dog in then you do your best to retrieve it by any means... I remember the experts on here putting in their 10 bobs worth, not one got off their arse to help mind lol giving advice from the computer jokers, I knew from that day on that 90% of them on here talk the talk, but don't walk the walk, f**k me the one clown even had a thread pinned with the rest of the knob heads commenting stuck to his arse, bunch of f***ing old washer women. Atb dc 235.jpgthe only digging most of them do is in the head or digging in the arm.

f**k sake was only trying to give the lad a bit advise keep digging tight round holes 3 m deep, but the one day you miss the tube or dog has pushed on as your nearly there , or ur right on top of dog and not enough room to move and it collapse on dog! It's got f**k all to do with me but you but a pic up on the internet surely it's up for discussion???? And I did start my comment with good result

And D.C. So if someone comments on a pic it means there only talking the talk? How's that work people don't feel the need to share there life story's on the internet have you ever thought of that? hero

have I hit a nerve? no hero here pal lol, just having my say,like yourself- if you feel the need to jump on folks with your sly comments-been into too dogs all of 5 minutes lol, deleting your original replies then crack on fella lol, there's a handful of members on here whos advice I would listen too... Most don't come on here any more, and guess what butty? Your not one of them, dish it out but don't like it back?it's the f***ing Internet get over it or jog on fella.... Picking apart other folk's pics? He admitted it was tight he was in a panic having a young dog at that depth.... You f***ing jealous or something because he's getting some dirt on the bank? I couldn't give too fucks what you or the 90% think... Atb
  • Like 2

Can't beat THL for a full blown debate over a photo. Sounds like the young bitch did well Lee, just goes to show we can never be certain how deep an earth will be.

Hence the reason for giving yourself plenty of room to work in a square / rectangular hole. I think the round hole thing come from having a ferreting back ground. I don't see a debate here all I see is advice being given out, and your man taking it as criticism,

maybe try and lighten up........" my main man ".

you have a rough idea how deep your going coz the box tells you or am I sounding to big for my boots saying that lol
Well as has been said numerous times this is THL.

It is a good place to ask questions and put the odd photo up always with location settings off lol your a big boy and you know there's a bit of leg pulling goes on, take it all with a pinch of salt. Your doing ok with your two pups and I know your keen and your getting a real buzz from the progress they're making, try and keep the flapping to a minimum as your dogs will pick up on this. Slowly slowly catch the ?.

As for the box your right it does tell you give or take how deep you want to go, but foxes haven't read the fox earth digging manual lol. Your dog can be sitting nose too nose with the red chap but not in a stop end, the dog can be in a level part of the tube and the fox lying at the start of say a 33 degree angle sloping downwards you break through the fox moves but you've boxed it clever because at the start of the dig You gave yourself a good bit of room. Look at posts as advice and not criticism unless they're ripping the piss then get f@cked into they THL c@nts lol. Enjoy your terriers.

One for you Lee.

I don't even bother taking them anymore King, not because of the feedback on here, I just want a quiet life.

That's one thing I don't do is take pics on digs I have no need to show anyone I will remember so that's all that matters you get pulled or house raid first thing they go to is phone and computer! Iv got pictures of the lurchers with stuff they have retrieved after being shot by my uncle or tracked but none on digs
  • Like 1

I don't do a great deal with terriers myself at the moment but have in the past and only bushing and ratting, I'm more for lurchers. My little brother has both terriers and lurchers and we went for a mooch earlier today. We took both his terriers and both my lurchers. He's got a very game and strong lakey type dog and a real small tight nuttall bred patterdale bitch, I've got a wheaten whippet greyhound bitch and a first cross wheaten greyhound dog pup. We was out no longer than half hour and his lakey went to ground in thick thorny bramble brier in a kicked out old rabbit warren. After an hour and half he came out and it was visible, what he had been up to all that time. Our kid said let him back in and he will bring it out......yeah whatever, didnt beleive him, back in went his dog and a few minutes later we could hear him growling near the entrance and the next thing I see was him attached to the reason he dissapeared for an hour and half. I couldn't beleive he brought it out. First 1 I've ever done with terriers, and to think this dog was a freebie off a hunts terrierman cos it would only work above ground apparently. Think its give me the bug, wouldn't mind maybe getting a good bitch?????

Get your brother to put the lakie over the patterdale.

already did ask him and he said he wants a bitch that's 100% below like the dog is, that's why I've said I wouldn't mind a bitch.

Can't beat THL for a full blown debate over a photo. Sounds like the young bitch did well Lee, just goes to show we can never be certain how deep an earth will be.

Hence the reason for giving yourself plenty of room to work in a square / rectangular hole. I think the round hole thing come from having a ferreting back ground. I don't see a debate here all I see is advice being given out, and your man taking it as criticism,

maybe try and lighten up........" my main man ".

you have a rough idea how deep your going coz the box tells you or am I sounding to big for my boots saying that lol
Well as has been said numerous times this is THL.

It is a good place to ask questions and put the odd photo up always with location settings off lol your a big boy and you know there's a bit of leg pulling goes on, take it all with a pinch of salt. Your doing ok with your two pups and I know your keen and your getting a real buzz from the progress they're making, try and keep the flapping to a minimum as your dogs will pick up on this. Slowly slowly catch the ?.

As for the box your right it does tell you give or take how deep you want to go, but foxes haven't read the fox earth digging manual lol. Your dog can be sitting nose too nose with the red chap but not in a stop end, the dog can be in a level part of the tube and the fox lying at the start of say a 33 degree angle sloping downwards you break through the fox moves but you've boxed it clever because at the start of the dig You gave yourself a good bit of room. Look at posts as advice and not criticism unless they're ripping the piss then get f@cked into they THL c@nts lol. Enjoy your terriers.

Sound advice mole lad, ?

I gave some lads who I'd never met or spoken too, a hand few years back to rescue 2 young dogs that dropped to ground without collars, 3 days they spent digging it with no luck, 4th day myself and a good friend travelled up to give them a hand, collard up a little Russell bitch and got a mark at 7.3 m, it is what it is.... We dug the depth, found the young bitch in a bad way, kept digging for the dog, he wasn't that lucky. You put a dog in then you do your best to retrieve it by any means... I remember the experts on here putting in their 10 bobs worth, not one got off their arse to help mind lol giving advice from the computer jokers, I knew from that day on that 90% of them on here talk the talk, but don't walk the walk, f**k me the one clown even had a thread pinned with the rest of the knob heads commenting stuck to his arse, bunch of f***ing old washer women. Atb dc 235.jpgthe only digging most of them do is in the head or digging in the arm.

f**k sake was only trying to give the lad a bit advise keep digging tight round holes 3 m deep, but the one day you miss the tube or dog has pushed on as your nearly there , or ur right on top of dog and not enough room to move and it collapse on dog! It's got f**k all to do with me but you but a pic up on the internet surely it's up for discussion???? And I did start my comment with good result

And D.C. So if someone comments on a pic it means there only talking the talk? How's that work people don't feel the need to share there life story's on the internet have you ever thought of that? hero

Amen.

Well that escalated quickly !

I blame Lee for not digging a decent hole and DC must be on his period lol.

FFS lads give your heads a shake

There's a head on here I'd love to shake ? anyone guess Who? The advice is sound from what iv seen...maybe a more narrow hole was a tad quicker..but had something gone wrong at the end of that dig then a bigger hole would have been much quicker to sort It out than a narrow hole. Cutting corners don't help in the long run in my opinion. On the other hand the bitch done well it seems

is that your dig? Gotta give you guy's major prop for the digs you guy's do! Unbelievable amounts of earth you guy's move! We could never test our dog's like you guy's. Love seeing pic's like that.

Always had it drummed into us as youngsters to make the hole bigger and to keep the sides straight and the bottom level, keep dancing about in a tight hole above the dog is a major risk of a cave-in..............then my friend you are in trouble with not enough room to work quickly.

From the second the dog enters stay calm and quiet and work away steadily, don't worry about the dog, if it's a good one it isn't going anywhere

• Like 10