Stock Breaking

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want a shock collar to borrow, pm me your address I'll post you one to borrow. Been there and done it with a terrier x spaniel I've got here not a nice place to be.

Ffs Keith sorry to hear that electric shock collar someone might be able to lend you one

Feel for you wish you were nearer would of took her of you for a we while and put her in with a tup lol

I know sod all and had problems of me own which have been ironed out. But nip to screw fix and get this

http://www.screwfix.com/p/braided-polyester-rope-pink-white-5mm-x-15-2m/73573

let the dog drag it around some where there is nothing to chase without holding it. Then go to where there is stock. But when she takes off might be an idea to take a step or two in the same direction because she will hurt her self when she hits the end. But you will have caught her in the act then. Or use a collar

Edited by terryd

My sprocker was a bugger for sheep didn't want to attack them but just see them up close I used a long rope let him start to run then pulled him good and hard but I was very close to getting a electric collar for him like said used properly they are a very good tool.

Got an Irish blue staff here, he only a pet but can't be trusted round any animal. Brilliant with kids but he just about ok with my two lurchers. He's came out on a couple of mooches and surprised me but he to head strong and a liability. He knows what he supposed to but chooses to do as he likes. Went camping once, next thing you know the cows in next field are going ape shit. Farmer landed 5 mins after he decided to come back and he was armed n ready with his shotgun but luckily slipped him away in time. Great guard dog though and brilliant with my 2 kids n 16 month old

just started having problems with mine with sheep. been working in amongst sheep for 2 seasons and bow just started chasing. been out with shock collar n seems to be making a difference. fixed her non existent recall when lamping. so hopefully it will work for your dog. just got to pick the right time to press the button.

My old dog Trevor once grabbed a sheep. I gave him the biggest boot to the head, he soon let go And never looked at one again.

This was after his first accidental deer so I reckoned it was confusion (the sheep were living free in the woods). I know stockproof dogs that have gone after hill sheep before now.

If a dog suddenly changes, look at the situation before judging. A dog that just goes after them, get a collar ;)

• Like 2

not sure if this has any relevance but i read from casso about stock training.he said hold on to a piece of rope or whatever and let the dog tug/rag the other end and walk through stock playing tug with the dog.up and down the field.

always keeping the dog's concentration on you and the tug toy.

i think the actual reply is written down in the greyhound section.

• Like 2

Right lads, first of all thanks for the replies of advice and the offer of shock collars, the dog will be going to a mate of mine in the next village to me, he has working dogs along we a shock collar, hes a decent lad, he had some kits off me earlier on, he will sort her out, I like to sort out my own problems, but thing is, Saturday gone, my lady spotted this lump on the back of my arm around my elbow, I never spotted it or felt out, so on the Monday I went to the docs, I have an appointment for next Monday at 9 25. its the size of golf ball now, the only probs im getting, is my right arm is aching off and its a bit warm, im having probs holding my arm up typing this, will let you know Monday how things go