Dr5 Duster

Had a malfunction whilst doing a wasp nest yesterday, just no dust coming out, eventually after many failed attempts I looked inside the duster and found that the copper pipe that attached from the outlet pipe and should sit in the dust at base had come adrift.

Is there an easy way of correcting this? Or is it a case of trying with a long pair of improvised pliers to try and fix through the top where the dust is put in?

May be that it should not come off in the first place and even if i do reattach will simply fall off again.

Has this happened to you? or am I just unlucky.

Any thoughts most welcome

Gravy

It is quite common.

Fish the pipe out of the dust compartment.

I bent a metal rod into a tight J shape with the long side as a handle, hook the short end into the collar ath the top of the tube or into the base and with a bit of jiggling you can force the tube back onto the internal section of the delivery pipe.

It is a faff but needs a bit of patience nad perseverance.

• Like 1

Needs gynacologist skills, thankfully even with my sausage fingers I can get it back in and on.

Happened to me once or twice only in about 18 years, still using the same DR5! with a few replaced parts of course.

Edited by Waz
  • Like 1

Pair of extended long nose pliers.

I have had a couple of blockages which has required removing the copper pipe section and clearing it.

It has never dropped off.

It fits into a rubber section of pipe inside the reserviour so if it is dripping off it may be indicating the rubber section is worn.

All parts are available to repair.

Apart from a replacement hose they are very reliable.

• Like 1

This has always been a fault with the DR5,...and as stated, it is a right fiddle getting that hose fitted back on... :censored:

I much prefer my old DustMaster,..she has served me well for decades,...alas, I've almost worn the old gal out,...she needs a re-fit... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

Thank you for the replies. Used a piece of bendy wire, was easier than I thought, but still a faff.

As soon as the rubber tube was back on the dust pipe, and could see the tube through the air line hole, the brass connector fitted to hold it in place

Seems it pays not to have too much dust in, It was easier to decant the dust out, find the rubber tube and put back.

:boogy:

Edited by Gravy
  • Like 1