Kennel Material Advice

Built a couple of box kennels in the past..turned out ok....not brill.....I was going to buy one but now looks like I'm going to build one again.

Im wanting to know what wood you'd recommend....sheet ply.....tongue n groove etc for the external..thickness etc

It's going to be insulated.....would kingspan type be best and what thickness

What would you line the inside with ply....what thickness ( although I can see one of my bitches taking a leek in it because if it's raining out she's that way inclined.

I will be using some sort of anti chew angle metal around the edges.

Thanks

ive just recently built mine. shiplap on the outside with vapour barrier, glass wool isulation and 9mm osb inside. got a heater in it on a thermostat buts its never on as the dogs body heat have it toastie in no time. double glazed window in it with the plastic flaps at the front. run is out of 4x2 decking material with holes drilled up n down with metal conduit as the barspost-97507-0-46320500-1504473111_thumb.jpgpost-97507-0-02141100-1504473149_thumb.jpgpost-97507-0-92854300-1504473253_thumb.jpg

Edited by ferretnhound
  • Like 2