Boss Update, Staghound Pup

nice looking dog, from the photo he looks just like one of our line bred coursing dogs, our dogs are (or should be)the result of crossing best to best mostly saluki/greyhound, though there ancestors did have other blood as well, we normally only outcross now and then to good saluki blood, what are the main breeds in the stags makeup and do any outcross take place just out of interest.

• 2 years later...
On 04/09/2017 at 02:24, badger said:

post-212-0-65171000-1504456660_thumb.jpeg

I put some pics up awhile ago of my coldblood pups. I love this pup, Boss. He is now 10 months and hit a growth spurt, level on the withers at 28 1-4 inches. Not as big or as heavy built as some staghounds I've owned in the past, but smart, great handle, and fences like a veteran, broke to cattle, horses, goats. Boss still thinks rabbits and armadillos are fair game, lol. He and his sister are a good age to get to see some jacks(hares) when the weather breaks in another month or so.

Nothing too exciting, I just figure sometimes it's fun to see a pic of another man's dog in another part of the world. Best luck to you all, hope you and your dogs stay sound through the upcoming season, Bobpost-212-0-62720600-1504456625_thumb.jpeg

Any updates on this hound mate? Fine looking animal this one looks just right. 

• Like 1
On 05/09/2017 at 21:32, two crows said:

nice looking dog, from the photo he looks just like one of our line bred coursing dogs, our dogs are (or should be)the result of crossing best to best mostly saluki/greyhound, though there ancestors did have other blood as well, we normally only outcross now and then to good saluki blood, what are the main breeds in the stags makeup and do any outcross take place just out of interest.

I was thinking the same looks similar to the old first crosses my father kept, I will try get some photos up