One Of Them Nights

Went back to the factory perm last night hit the fields first not much about

mind they probs could hear us coming what with the stubble its like walking on broken glass lol

only seen about 4 or 5 i went up the left side and Daz up the right side we met at the new horse paddocks jumped the fence .

Nothing about not a single one so we lay,d up and waited i went up to the top of the paddock and Daz at the bottom ,

first one came out half an hour later ,,,,,,Same rifle as last time ,,,,,,same scope,,,,,same place,,,,same distance,,,,,,,rifle was zero,d before we set off ,,,,took aim and just as i squeezed the trigger it moved and the jsb heavy went flying past it ran then stopped sent another pellet on its way and missed again ,

well this went on best part of the night for me ,,,JUST ONE OF THEM NIGHTS ,,,,,

i did get one in the paddocks mind a little one and one came out to say hi just 4 feet away from me this one i just let be it stay,d for ten mins then hopped off back into the hedge just another little one .

Now this hw100 is deadly but must have been me i thought i mean it never flacker,d the other night ,,,,so its me ,,,,well turned out the scope was off to the right big time when i checked zero again but when i set it at the off it was spot on did not knock or bang the rifle at all in any way ,

Any way turned out after that i got 3 and daz 4 ULTRA MAX PERFORMED WELL AGAIN

best shot of the night was Daz out to 50yrds this little ultra max and the ultras never ceases to amaze me they look like a toy they feel like a toy but feck they are deadly VERY DEADLY

just the shot count that lets them down Jon Jon another good buy off you mate

this one IS A KEEPER (ETHAN IS GETTING TO BIG NOW AND WOULD PROBS THUMP ME IF I DO LOL).

Right nv add on

Not as good as the viper at the moment i need to have a mess around with it to get it right

i did not use it ,,,daz did now this lad can shoot with a nv iv seen him do it so many times and is deadly with a tv screen nv but he did not get on with this add on one ,,it needs some filters for the screen as the glow back is to bright even when turned down .

SO THE TOTAL ONLY 7 TO NIGHT LADS

Ill let daz tell you about his night .

Me just one of them nights lads

no matter what you do nothing falls into place

nothing at all no matter what you do

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-33589500-1504425733_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-20278500-1504425753_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-79808300-1504425768_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-09267500-1504425785_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-12747300-1504425804_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Canny that like is the nv on the ultramax like grandad

It was son but daz took it off and went back to the lamp lol

atvbgrandad :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

here you go mac!!

just incase you dont get on with it......

https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell/leisure-hobbies/hunting-sporting-equipment/hunting-sporting-accessories/hunting-optics/34015283/wanted/view#.WavCrch9600

atvb Elma the Tw*t lol

• Like 1

We all have one of those night Jimmy ,in fact i had three shots on one rabbit yesterday with .22 R10 and missed ,so decided to go home and go on the piss instead ,should of stayed out shooting the way i feel today after 10 pints of cider :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 3

Look at this, out twice in the same week....mind our lass is back tonight so I'll be chained to the kitchen sink again as of tomorrow.

Met in the usual spot but a little earlier on Sat. As Mac said, we both took our normal routes to the far right corner of the field. I had seen nothing and Mac said he had scared a couple off. So we hopped into the new paddock perm, Mac facing N-S covering the top half and me E-W looking at the bottom half. Nothing doing at all, after 30 mins I got up and walked to a different spot, I saw a rabbit running into some nettles, so I lay up 35 yrds out and waited. Sure enough after 15 mins he came back out and I put him to sleep.

I started to walk back to where Mac was when I saw another rabbit on the fence line. I stalked over to a wooden board for cover, lined him up and then something breathed down my neck, next I know something is nibbling my neck. nope, not the horsey women, but one of the 3 horses. I actually shat myself. When I turned back the rabbit was gone. I told the horse to do one, but it just kept trying to eat my boots or fleece. After 20 mins the rabbit came back out and down that one went.

I was sat watching 3 more come out when they started to run up to Mac, I was WILLING them to turn round and come back into my range, but they were a good 50-60 yards out. Just as they got to where I judged Mac could take a shot, they ran into the hedge line. So after about 2 hours, I had a couple, Mac had 1 little one.

We went over onto the big "L" field next. Mac set up the NV on the Ultramax he had lent me and as I popped my head round the corner I could see 6-7 rabbits. I set one up and took a shot, but misjudge the distance and saw the dirt kick up right in front of the rabbit. I moved round to lay up and watch for them coming back out. After a while I could see movement in the shadows, I clicked on the IR (one rabbit ran off) and clicked on the NV unit (another rabbit ran off) then the glare from the screen had the other rabbit run too. It's been a while since I used NV, and normally I would take more notice of my location to aid distance and range finding. I tried for a little longer but struggled with the unit.

Don't get me wrong. For the cost, this should be a decent bit of kit. vs £400 for a viper say. But it needs a little bit of fettling. The focus isn't great at less than 30 yrds, the screen is very bright even on 20-30 brightness, and changing this is fiddly in the field (vs the little knob on top of the Viper unit). Having to find and turn on 2 buttons is a pain too (vs one soft, quiet one on the Viper). Lastly the tube for attaching the camera to the scope needs adjusting too as you don't get a great picture of the full scope on the screen. I'm being overly picky, I was used to a very decent bit of kit, and someone has made a home grown version, which I am sure will be fine once tuned. I just lost my patients and took it off.

When we moved onto the factory perm, Mac picked up one, and I missed one after waiting 20 mins for it to come out. We both walked around the back together and Mac had one cornered in a dead end. However, it was against the back of a glass door so he couldn't shoot. It ran out and I tried to follow it halfway round the factory, eventually taking a 30yrd standing shot. 3-2 to me.

With very little on the factory, we went back to the paddock for a last look. Mac stalked 3 rabbits off to the left and ended up bagging one of those. I went right and took a standing rested shot off the fence back into the farm field. On pacing it out, it was almost bob on 50 yrds.

So it finished 4-3 to me (one night each) and the Ultramax....

I'd also been down to Bagnall and Kirkwoods during the week and I have my eyes on a nice HW110......now if only I can convince the mrs.....

Cheers for the nights out Mac, and the loan of the Ultramax, nice rifle that.

Catch you soon I hope.

Daz

• Like 2

Look at this, out twice in the same week....mind our lass is back tonight so I'll be chained to the kitchen sink again as of tomorrow.

Met in the usual spot but a little earlier on Sat. As Mac said, we both took our normal routes to the far right corner of the field. I had seen nothing and Mac said he had scared a couple off. So we hopped into the new paddock perm, Mac facing N-S covering the top half and me E-W looking at the bottom half. Nothing doing at all, after 30 mins I got up and walked to a different spot, I saw a rabbit running into some nettles, so I lay up 35 yrds out and waited. Sure enough after 15 mins he came back out and I put him to sleep.

I started to walk back to where Mac was when I saw another rabbit on the fence line. I stalked over to a wooden board for cover, lined him up and then something breathed down my neck, next I know something is nibbling my neck. nope, not the horsey women, but one of the 3 horses. I actually shat myself. When I turned back the rabbit was gone. I told the horse to do one, but it just kept trying to eat my boots or fleece. After 20 mins the rabbit came back out and down that one went.

I was sat watching 3 more come out when they started to run up to Mac, I was WILLING them to turn round and come back into my range, but they were a good 50-60 yards out. Just as they got to where I judged Mac could take a shot, they ran into the hedge line. So after about 2 hours, I had a couple, Mac had 1 little one.

We went over onto the big "L" field next. Mac set up the NV on the Ultramax he had lent me and as I popped my head round the corner I could see 6-7 rabbits. I set one up and took a shot, but misjudge the distance and saw the dirt kick up right in front of the rabbit. I moved round to lay up and watch for them coming back out. After a while I could see movement in the shadows, I clicked on the IR (one rabbit ran off) and clicked on the NV unit (another rabbit ran off) then the glare from the screen had the other rabbit run too. It's been a while since I used NV, and normally I would take more notice of my location to aid distance and range finding. I tried for a little longer but struggled with the unit.

Don't get me wrong. For the cost, this should be a decent bit of kit. vs £400 for a viper say. But it needs a little bit of fettling. The focus isn't great at less than 30 yrds, the screen is very bright even on 20-30 brightness, and changing this is fiddly in the field (vs the little knob on top of the Viper unit). Having to find and turn on 2 buttons is a pain too (vs one soft, quiet one on the Viper). Lastly the tube for attaching the camera to the scope needs adjusting too as you don't get a great picture of the full scope on the screen. I'm being overly picky, I was used to a very decent bit of kit, and someone has made a home grown version, which I am sure will be fine once tuned. I just lost my patients and took it off.

When we moved onto the factory perm, Mac picked up one, and I missed one after waiting 20 mins for it to come out. We both walked around the back together and Mac had one cornered in a dead end. However, it was against the back of a glass door so he couldn't shoot. It ran out and I tried to follow it halfway round the factory, eventually taking a 30yrd standing shot. 3-2 to me.

With very little on the factory, we went back to the paddock for a last look. Mac stalked 3 rabbits off to the left and ended up bagging one of those. I went right and took a standing rested shot off the fence back into the farm field. On pacing it out, it was almost bob on 50 yrds.

So it finished 4-3 to me (one night each) and the Ultramax....

I'd also been down to Bagnall and Kirkwoods during the week and I have my eyes on a nice HW110......now if only I can convince the mrs.....

Cheers for the nights out Mac, and the loan of the Ultramax, nice rifle that.

Catch you soon I hope.

Daz

Just make sure it's only a few weeks old from Hull Cartridge , they swapped of lube on them because of a lot going back dropping in power

Chris told me this from HC

Mine is fantastic no issues at all and very quiet , quieter than HW100k

• Like 1