My Hunting Set Up For This Year...pic Heavy Warning

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so i am an ex pat living in sask canada. the hunting here is excellent and i thought i would start my own thread of what i normally get up to every hunting season and throughout the damn fckn freein

here we go!!!   after all the tomphuckerey tuesday between landowners and damn truck hunters i headed off into private land that surrounds a piece of secluded wildlife lands.hardly anyone goes ther

heres an old photo of one of my best days 2 timber wolves and 2 coyotes    

Posted Images

I've been in alberta nearly 6 years and have seen one in that time, I agree they are a challenge. There is a few isolated spots with them but the people in the know keep it to themselves. I don't think they are the problem here they are in the States,  to many wolves and the cold winters limits breeding. The word was that very few people claimed the bounty

2 hours ago, gazjon5 said:

I've been in alberta nearly 6 years and have seen one in that time, I agree they are a challenge. There is a few isolated spots with them but the people in the know keep it to themselves. I don't think they are the problem here they are in the States,  to many wolves and the cold winters limits breeding. The word was that very few people claimed the bounty

the wild boars are thriving really well here in cold sask winters mate,even last year in jan i had a sow with babies on the cam.

the gov sent in a crew by me and eliminated quite a few but still the numbers in other areas have increased.

damn things stay nocturnal for the most parts,making them hard to hunt.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gazjon5 said:

Fair play Ted I assumed it was the winters slowing the breeding rate down here, but if u seen a sow with piglets in Jan i guess not. Hopefully they head west from you, I'm in Sherwood Park.?

its a damn shame you cant head over here and hunt

i would glady take a brit out after boars

damn hunting laws

if you ever get them in sherwood park,canada is in trouble lol

• Like 2
On 05/12/2017 at 04:14, Ted Newgent said:

its a damn shame you cant head over here and hunt

i would glady take a brit out after boars

damn hunting laws

if you ever get them in sherwood park,canada is in trouble lol

What's the deal on hunting laws and brits, are you not allowed.

i have some very good friends in Canada and they are often saying I should go out for the hunting, something I would love to do one day.

1 hour ago, Rabid said:

What's the deal on hunting laws and brits, are you not allowed.

i have some very good friends in Canada and they are often saying I should go out for the hunting, something I would love to do one day.

you can only hunt in saskatchewan if you are a resident of that province.

otherwise you have to use an outfitter/guide.

here is the costs of the deer tags for example

White-tailed Deer First Saskatchewan Resident ........................................................................$40.00

Saskatchewan Resident Antlerless ...............................................................$30.00

Canadian Resident Draw .............................................................................$160.00

Guided (Canadian and Non-residents)*......................................................$330.00

for coyote/pig hunting...no tag fee's but its residents only,so gazjon5 lives in alberta he cant hunt here for them

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

you can only hunt in saskatchewan if you are a resident of that province.

otherwise you have to use an outfitter/guide.

here is the costs of the deer tags for example

White-tailed Deer First Saskatchewan Resident ........................................................................$40.00

Saskatchewan Resident Antlerless ...............................................................$30.00

Canadian Resident Draw .............................................................................$160.00

Guided (Canadian and Non-residents)*......................................................$330.00

for coyote/pig hunting...no tag fee's but its residents only,so gazjon5 lives in alberta he cant hunt here for them

Thanks, as much as it sounds a pain, at least they are protecting the hunting for the locals, I presume the tag fees fill government coffers ?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Thanks, as much as it sounds a pain, at least they are protecting the hunting for the locals, I presume the tag fees fill government coffers ?

yes monies go back to the government coffers.

the sask government is in a pickle for cash at the mo,so all hunting and fishing licenses went up this year.

personally i dont agree with the provinces and their laws,but that how it is.

you imagine if this was applied in the UK hunting laws between wales,scotland and england or even as far as between counties?

6 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

yes monies go back to the government coffers.

the sask government is in a pickle for cash at the mo,so all hunting and fishing licenses went up this year.

personally i dont agree with the provinces and their laws,but that how it is.

you imagine if this was applied in the UK hunting laws between wales,scotland and england or even as far as between counties?

Understand, but personally would make no difference for me, all my hunting is in one county, and anything outside is paid for shooting anyway.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Understand, but personally would make no difference for me, all my hunting is in one county, and anything outside is paid for shooting anyway.

i want to go and shoot a big fat wild turkey,these are in manitoba,i worked it out cost wise around $2500

tag,guide fee's,fuel,board etc etc........not a chance lol

there is pockets of them around by me,but they arent on the hunting list of quarry to kill.

but my friend who is a native,can hunt them,the law allows him to,this is part of the native treaty acts for indigenous people.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i want to go and shoot a big fat wild turkey,these are in manitoba,i worked it out cost wise around $2500

tag,guide fee's,fuel,board etc etc........not a chance lol

there is pockets of them around by me,but they arent on the hunting list of quarry to kill.

but my friend who is a native,can hunt them,the law allows him to,this is part of the native treaty acts for indigenous people.

That's one expensive Turk !

i am sure in your shoes I would be equally frustrated, I think the uk has all hunting wrapped up with no 'free' areas like yourselves, so kind of feel conditioned to just paying for shooting something different in other areas unless lucky enough to get it by invite.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

my friend who is a native,can hunt them,the law allows him to,this is part of the native treaty acts for indigenous people.

First nation peoples,my friend works with them,they sell some of their polar bear,musk ox,even walrus hunts.How would a brit go about coyote hunting in Saskatoon ted?Tag along or book a guide?