My Hunting Set Up For This Year...pic Heavy Warning

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so i am an ex pat living in sask canada. the hunting here is excellent and i thought i would start my own thread of what i normally get up to every hunting season and throughout the damn fckn freein

here we go!!!   after all the tomphuckerey tuesday between landowners and damn truck hunters i headed off into private land that surrounds a piece of secluded wildlife lands.hardly anyone goes ther

heres an old photo of one of my best days 2 timber wolves and 2 coyotes    

Posted Images

6 hours ago, The one said:

Great picts mate seems a lot of fuss but if it puts meat in the freezer thats what its all about these days 

its a lot of fuss but its the norm over here and i get great enjoyment baiting and seeing what comes in.

game cam pics are always fun to go thru.

went back up into the forestry again today.that 200lb of oats/soya beans had bean licked cleaned.

there was deer prints just everywhere.trails going all over the place,i struggled to find the perfect spot

to sit and wait.

todays temp was -8c,wind not so bad but the damn humidity was 93%,today was a absolute killer

sitting and waiting.sat and waited from 1.30pm til 5.35pm and nothing,not a fckn thing showed up.

i should be upping pics tomoz as my mate is baiting the other spot and changing out the cards.

• Like 2

ok i headed back up into the forestry again today as it was a holiday over here.

i threw down 200lb of grain on saturday and there wasnt a grain left.

so threw down another 200lb and sat there.

got there around 2.30pm -4c and humidity around 80%,sunny ish.

just after 3pm a doe rocked up,bit skittish,she had a brief nibble and off she went.

3.45pm i caught a quick glimpse of a buck,he then pulled up for some feed.he was a small not formed 4 pointer.

he was happy feeding and looking at me every now and then.i am around 50 yards from the bait,sitting on the ground under a tree.

he then trotted off in the direction of the doe.

4.15pm i caught another glimpse of another buck.he used the same trail as the other one.but this bugger was a bigger set.

very long 4 pointer,just like the one in the second pic i posted sunday.so i was going to pull the trigger on this one.

damn thing kept in the trees and i couldnt get a clear shot,he even didnt bother coming to feed either.

that was that.

just had a call from an elderly farmer friend who has just changed the SD card in his cam and coundnt figure out

how to read the pics.

here is what he has coming into his bait amongst all the small bucks,does and elk.

this guy is damn impressive,nice 5x5.

i told the farmer to plug him,if he doesnt i will most certainly do it for him lol

img_4681.jpg

• Like 5
5 hours ago, DanielG said:

Lovely buck

Sask has huge whiteys

Good luck 

he is a nice buck,he isnt huge,he is huge for what i get to see.

i will get some pics of some hunters deer mounts and post em up.

sask does have some huge whiteys and people are always wanting to hunt over here.

ok

top pic,i found this in a field,my mate had been trying to hunt it dow.i found it around 8 miles from his hunt site

2nd pic is from my mates Gpa's basement wall.he has hooow many like that.

3rd pic is another mates monster buck,this mount is at my house lol

4th pic is my mates rather large buck,he also has a basement full of mounts.

i know he hasnt shot a deer now for 3 yrs as he hasnt seen anything big enough to shoot

IMG_1151.thumb.JPG.71aed45e512f8d7fdbfcebcf8f2d9088.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_2473 (1).JPG

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 4

right o

was out early this morning with work as we had 3 inches of snow.so early finish.

headed back up into the forestry again because the deer normally bed down when its snows then

come out when it finishes and feed hard.

so there is a pic of the bait just completely licked AGAIN.monday i threw down 100lb of feed and its gone again.

you might see how its just flattened by deer tracks also.

these pics give you an idea that this is up close and in the deers faces hunting.

the buck that came in (several times today) is 30 yards from me,i can hear him crunching down the soya beans.

todays temp -18c wind chill -24c humidity 85%

time to hang up my hunting mankini.

my mate who's hunting spot this is,has now passed it over to me.i am NOW using his hunting blind

for cover(this is a  god send to be out of the wind) and i have stuck one of his cams up so you will be getting pics from here sunday ish.

4 does came in skittishly,that buck just fckn waltzed right in and started feeding and there was  one

deer i just couldnt quite get a gander on its head.

weather for the week......10cm of snow due thursday evening/friday morning.so back up there either friday afternoon or defo all day saturday

IMG_4691.JPG

IMG_4688.JPG

• Like 1

went back up into the forestry yesterday

temp -19c wind chill -29c humidity 75%

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cold

i screwed up major,i put a cam up wednesday and didnt click the sd card in properly,so no pics

totally gutted.

i was there from 12.30 til 4.30,tapped at 4.30 due to the cold,lost the feeling him my feet.

i  had around 8 does and 6 spiker bucks come and go.one deer i am assuming was an older buck,stopped

short behind a tree,didnt get to see his rack.

one deer must of been 10 yds from me in the front of the blind lol

since this blind i am using is my mates i have just ordered my own for next year.managed to get a rhino blind shipped

from the states for $250 CAD.

do any of you use hunting blinds over there?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mackem said:

-16 is cold mate,I saw on the weather report yesterday you were due a bit of snow,good luck on getting a decent buck.

LOL -16c is alright its the damn wind that gets you.the snow hasnt been too bad so far,we have around 4 inches lying around.

wait for my coyote outings and my weather reports then.

my missus thinks i am crazy

i cant see me getting anything decent this year at the mo.the 5x5 has disappeared off the cam,the other buck with the sticker points hasnt showed for a while but the season has opened up and the truck hunters are out in full force.

plus the rut is in full swing.

i am out saturday afternoon down at the swamp,sunday back up in the forestry.i do have monday and tuesday off aslo.

decisions decisions decisions lol