Your First Wage Packet..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1976 £16 per week British Leyland apprentice Gave it to my Mum & Dad as keep coz i had a saturday job in a clothes shop & with commission i earned £25-£30. Many years later when i got married

Cheers Arry there still here bud My Dads nearly 93 & my Mums 90. Hope to have em around a while yet. Atb

£2.10 SHILLINGS 44 HOUR WEEK. couldn't wait to get me overalls on 50years later couldn't wait to get them off and not bothered if I don't pick up another spanner in my life .. After a few pays the

I was on 15 quid i think?Cutting grass on the pyrex social club footie fields,gave my mam a tenner and i even used to save cash from my fiver :laugh: no mortgage,no kids,just 2 dogs and a load of ferrets,happy days,wish I could turn back the clock for just an hour and have a word with the young me.

• Like 3

£2.10 SHILLINGS 44 HOUR WEEK. couldn't wait to get me overalls on 50years later couldn't wait to get them off and not bothered if I don't pick up another spanner in my life :laugh::laugh: ..

After a few pays the boss put an extra 10 bob note in my pay packet when I took it to the office and told them they laughed and told me it was his way of testing if I was honest . the old bu**er took it back off me :censored: .

• Like 5

£811 (did loads of ot) for the month. Back in 2002 aged 17 and in the middle year of my college course. Was on the pig unit on a morning then in the grain store until late watching the grain cleaning/moving equipment running and filling the auger pit. My first purchase was a brand new air arms tx200 and that kept me in food and fun for the next 18 months. They where the best days of my life.

• Like 3

40 quid a week gamekeeping 20 years ago, loads of hours and treated like a slave.

ha same as a trainee game keeper at 18 quid a week. The game farm took on school leavers and got it paid for by the government. We used to have to share a cottage owned by the game farm and again the gov paid them for that. Part of the deal was the wife of one of the owners had to provide us with a meal every night. I put a flee in there ear because after being used to grandmothers home cooking and plenty of it. A frozen spag bol off the no frills shelf in quick save didn't cut it for me. She soon bucked her ideas up then and actually cooked

£5 a week as a apprentice electrician and I was the highest paid in my class at tec. When I was still at school I work on a market garden evenings and week ends for a tight old sod I think it was 1s 10 1/2d = less than 10p an hour. As a bonus I might get a lettuce or a bunch of flowers for my mother.

Cheers Arry

1976 £16 per week British Leyland apprentice Gave it to my Mum & Dad as keep coz i had a saturday job in a clothes shop & with commission i earned £25-£30. Many years later when i got married my Mum & Dad gave me an envelope... it was all the keep i'd paid them over the years. Bless them.

• Like 9