Just interested in what make quads everyone is using. I've only ever had them for playing about on off road(suzuki ltz 400,polaris 505,yam banshee) kids got an lt 50.im told that Honda aren't what they used to be... Im after a road registered farm quad,4wd and preferably over a 450.whats the things I should be looking out for? I will be buying brand new - what makes/models should I avoid? Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks for looking. Atb dc

• Like 1

Stick with the japs. Avoid the Chinese ...Honda , Yamaha Kawasaki are still the best in my opinion ..others may well disagree but I've had no major problems with these ..All the honda's I've had have given great service..

• Like 2

I've got the 500 Honda, can't fault it, I've dragged trees out and back with it, towed my digger on a plant trailer with it, moved diesel bowsers, rounded sheep, you name it, not missed a beat, if going Honda I was advised to swerve the auto box ones

• Like 2

We have a Honda 350 2004 and it has been excellent.

Kitted out with baskets front and rear for ferreting on grouse moors we would never be without it.

When looking for one i was adviced to aviod the newer models with selectable 2 and 4 wheel drive and auto gear shift due to problems.

Suzuki kingquads are pretty good with a good strong bulletproof engine, independant suspension and variable speed belt driven so no gears to mess about with. The only issue i had with mine was to electronic 4 wheel drive, mine fooked up and i got rid and bought an old but well looked after '06 500 honda with semi auto gearbox and i love it. The only thing i wish it had would be a diff lock but it hasn't been an issue to date

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Honda TRX 300 1988 and it's still going very strongly,

Is that the BIG RED? If so they are almost bomb proof.

yes mate cracking quad, I have just changed the brakes and battery, and starter motor, that's it apart from service items/ tyres
  • Like 1

yes mate cracking quad, I have just changed the brakes and battery, and starter motor, that's it apart from service items/ tyres

Have you had it from new? There bad to get hold of now because there so sort after.

Have you had it from new? There bad to get hold of now because there so sort after.

no I have had it since 2003, use it for the mole catching and feeding my ducks mainly, just about to service it now for this winter, cost a grand at the time,
  • Like 1

Currently run Yamaha 600 grizzly had this 5 years no problems to speak of, and this replaced Big bear 350 we had 10 years were on coyote 225cc Yamaha 3 wheeler before that, so suppose we are yamaha fans.

We do have a 250cc two wheel drive China quad a GEO i think it is titled by AEON, has been very reliable use it round sheep and feeding horses never had a problem i could not trace straight away and nothing that ever cost any money has snapped broken or fell off, Thing that is not good on the chinese bikes quads can be cheap electrics but simple and easy fixes and once teething troubles ironed out i think chinese are excellent workhorses and think they get an unfair review by many .

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...