post-63400-0-43839300-1503969065_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only 21 billy not as good as your outings   but im happy at that mate   Jon Jon the ultra max did Daz proud mate   i only beat him by one with the hw100   ill let daz do the write up lads  

Feels like an "AA" meeting this...   Hello, My name is Daz, and I've not shot a rabbit in 16 months... LOL.   Well a big "alreet" to all the lads on here who remember me. As Jimmy said, I have not

That's a cracking result   Feck knows how you two manage that with just lamps

Posted Images

21 a good amount of rabbits by any standards with air rifle jimmy the only reason myself or Billy are getting big amounts is I'm doing a big estate down Yorkshire and it pure pest control and if I'm only doing my farm permissions I'm be lucky to be getting 20s great nite out that atb allan

• Like 2

nothing wrong with a bag of 21 mate well done and as alan says don't forget your using an air rifle and not a rimmy -I know blokes struggle to get 20,s with rimfire -billy

Could of got a lot more Billy if we had done an all night,er loads out

But we were done in lol

dont know how you lads do it Billy Honest im wiped out to day

Missed a few mind even with the hw100 and lost one in the grass

Daz did good for some one that had not been out for over a year

and he loves the ultra max and if any thing just go,s to show what VM has say,d all a long the Ultra is as good as the hw100 and last night proved that i only pipped him by one lol.

All ways impresses me the amount you and Pav get Billy only 21 but feck its hard work would of been more if we could of drove the fields (i think lol)

RESPECT TO YOU LADS

We had not been in the fields 5mins when daz landed us a new perm ,,,horse paddocks ,,,,, so now we have the hole lot bar one and if he gets his way that one wont be long ether lol

TOTALY ENJOYED THE NIGHT OUT WITH DAZ

THE LAD DID GOOD

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

That's a cracking result :thumbs:

Feck knows how you two manage that with just lamps :thumbs:

PROPER FIELD CRAFT JON ;):laugh:

SORRY MARK

COULD NOT HELP MY SELF :D

TWAT

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Feels like an "AA" meeting this...

Hello, My name is Daz, and I've not shot a rabbit in 16 months... LOL.

Well a big "alreet" to all the lads on here who remember me. As Jimmy said, I have not had a gun in my hand for 16 months after selling my beloved HW97 and HW100....I hope they have been well looked after. I was in Yorkshire 2 weeks back and someone gave me a crack with a Hatstand springer.... bloody horrible thing, cows arses and banjos spring to mind....but it twanged a heart string and I was desperate to get back out. This week the wife is away with my boy so I have 7, read it, SEVEN passes to go out and do what the hell I want....so I called Jimmy....and begged him to lend me a gun and let me back on my old perms lol.

We met up at 6 and after a quick lesson (and threat of death if I so much as scratched the Ultra Max) on the new rifle, checked scopes (Jimmy is blind as a bat and his scope focus is always out for me), we set off on the first field. It's been harvested in the last few weeks and the corn stalks were crunchy as hell, like walking on cornflakes. I managed to bag a fat pigeon on the way up the field and reached the horse paddock after seeing 2-3 rabbits bolt due to the crunching. When I got to the paddock, the owner was in there pulling up weeds so I called her over. I'd left the gun and dead bird out of sight and just introduced myself and told her about the other perms around and about. I offered her our services and in a heart beat she said yes. Just as I was chatting, Jimmy walked over, within 2 mins, a damn rabbit ran out on her field, and Jimmy goes "*cough* do you mind if I get that..." pointing at the rabbit.... the woman says sure, so Jimmy hopped the fence, stalked up close, and pop, dropped it down. The woman didn't blink at all, until Jimmy picked up the rabbit and snapped it's neck...haha. He walks back over and we were still chatting for a bit. She walks off so Jimmy and I jumped in the paddock and walked to a spot we had seen a few earlier. We lay up and got chatting....

Me - "Well that was easy, happy there, new perm and all - not bad eh mate"

Jimmy - "what? eh? how man, I couldn't keep my eyes off her camel toe, what, bloody horsey women and them tight pants" LOL.

We lay up for a while, I dropped 2 at 30 & 40 yrds, first two shots with the Ultra max and two rabbits down. Jimmy took another one too, so 4 rabbits and a bird on the first part of the perm.

We drove round to the next part of the perm and split up, neither of us had much luck to start with, it was getting dark now but there is a spot on the perm that is dimly lit by street lights, so I went over and lay up there. Sure enough I managed to bag 3 rabbits at 24, 29 and 32yrds (just looking for shadows moving and using the little street light available). Jimmy came over and faced up hill as I was facing down. He bagged a couple before we headed off back to the cars. On the way back, Jimmy picked up two more on the lamp, I chased one all over the field, before taking a standing shot at 30 yrds, to see the rabbit run 100yrds and just drop flat. So part two of the perm, and 4 each to take us to 12 for the night.

Finally we moved on to the factory perm. Again we split up, Jimmy quickly picked up 3. I managed to pick up a couple, had a third in my sights but the mad b*****d just ran right towards me a speed and literally brushed my shoulder as it ran past me, I thought it was going to attack me haha. I moved to the front of the factory and took two more nice ones at 35 and 42yrds. On going back to the car, I'd dropped my rabbits, "10 for me mate"...feeling smug.....Jimmy goes, well, there were my three, plus this one, makes 10, oh and yeah, this one makes 11.

Feels about right that Jimmy with the 100 piped me by one. But well happy with 10 with a rifle I've never shot before and being out of action for 16 months. We signed off and left site to clean up. 1 of the rabbits had the pellet in it's gut, so that went in the bin. Then as we were skinning and gutting, Jimmy ripped one of the rabbits in half, "eh, err how, do you think the butcher will still want this one" hahaha. Probs not mate. So I've 19 rabbits chilling in the fridge (another benefit of the wife being away) ready for the butcher.

It was an absolute blast. Happy to say I've not lost my shooting skills, not happy to say, I have NOT missed the stink and fanny on skinning and gutting rabbits. Cheers Jimmy, for the craic and the pie. I'll get the butchers cash asap.

I hope to get back out this week. Ideally catch up with Visla too.

Got to say, it must be 4 years ago I met Jimmy and Visla, and they took me out and showed me what this sport is all about. And even being out of the loop for a year and a half, the lads are still there when you want to come back.

Cheers fellas.

Daz

• Like 11

had a third in my sights but the mad b*****d just ran right towards me a speed and literally brushed my shoulder as it ran past me, I thought it was going to attack me haha.

Beware of the Monty Python rabbit mate :laugh:

Good write up Daz - I enjoyed reading that :good:

post-102688-0-65182100-1504002924.gif

• Like 2

Feels like an "AA" meeting this...

Hello, My name is Daz, and I've not shot a rabbit in 16 months... LOL.

Well a big "alreet" to all the lads on here who remember me. As Jimmy said, I have not had a gun in my hand for 16 months after selling my beloved HW97 and HW100....I hope they have been well looked after. I was in Yorkshire 2 weeks back and someone gave me a crack with a Hatstand springer.... bloody horrible thing, cows arses and banjos spring to mind....but it twanged a heart string and I was desperate to get back out. This week the wife is away with my boy so I have 7, read it, SEVEN passes to go out and do what the hell I want....so I called Jimmy....and begged him to lend me a gun and let me back on my old perms lol.

We met up at 6 and after a quick lesson (and threat of death if I so much as scratched the Ultra Max) on the new rifle, checked scopes (Jimmy is blind as a bat and his scope focus is always out for me), we set off on the first field. It's been harvested in the last few weeks and the corn stalks were crunchy as hell, like walking on cornflakes. I managed to bag a fat pigeon on the way up the field and reached the horse paddock after seeing 2-3 rabbits bolt due to the crunching. When I got to the paddock, the owner was in there pulling up weeds so I called her over. I'd left the gun and dead bird out of sight and just introduced myself and told her about the other perms around and about. I offered her our services and in a heart beat she said yes. Just as I was chatting, Jimmy walked over, within 2 mins, a damn rabbit ran out on her field, and Jimmy goes "*cough* do you mind if I get that..." pointing at the rabbit.... the woman says sure, so Jimmy hopped the fence, stalked up close, and pop, dropped it down. The woman didn't blink at all, until Jimmy picked up the rabbit and snapped it's neck...haha. He walks back over and we were still chatting for a bit. She walks off so Jimmy and I jumped in the paddock and walked to a spot we had seen a few earlier. We lay up and got chatting....

Me - "Well that was easy, happy there, new perm and all - not bad eh mate"

Jimmy - "what? eh? how man, I couldn't keep my eyes off her camel toe, what, bloody horsey women and them tight pants" LOL.

We lay up for a while, I dropped 2 at 30 & 40 yrds, first two shots with the Ultra max and two rabbits down. Jimmy took another one too, so 4 rabbits and a bird on the first part of the perm.

We drove round to the next part of the perm and split up, neither of us had much luck to start with, it was getting dark now but there is a spot on the perm that is dimly lit by street lights, so I went over and lay up there. Sure enough I managed to bag 3 rabbits at 24, 29 and 32yrds (just looking for shadows moving and using the little street light available). Jimmy came over and faced up hill as I was facing down. He bagged a couple before we headed off back to the cars. On the way back, Jimmy picked up two more on the lamp, I chased one all over the field, before taking a standing shot at 30 yrds, to see the rabbit run 100yrds and just drop flat. So part two of the perm, and 4 each to take us to 12 for the night.

Finally we moved on to the factory perm. Again we split up, Jimmy quickly picked up 3. I managed to pick up a couple, had a third in my sights but the mad b*****d just ran right towards me a speed and literally brushed my shoulder as it ran past me, I thought it was going to attack me haha. I moved to the front of the factory and took two more nice ones at 35 and 42yrds. On going back to the car, I'd dropped my rabbits, "10 for me mate"...feeling smug.....Jimmy goes, well, there were my three, plus this one, makes 10, oh and yeah, this one makes 11.

Feels about right that Jimmy with the 100 piped me by one. But well happy with 10 with a rifle I've never shot before and being out of action for 16 months. We signed off and left site to clean up. 1 of the rabbits had the pellet in it's gut, so that went in the bin. Then as we were skinning and gutting, Jimmy ripped one of the rabbits in half, "eh, err how, do you think the butcher will still want this one" hahaha. Probs not mate. So I've 19 rabbits chilling in the fridge (another benefit of the wife being away) ready for the butcher.

It was an absolute blast. Happy to say I've not lost my shooting skills, not happy to say, I have NOT missed the stink and fanny on skinning and gutting rabbits. Cheers Jimmy, for the craic and the pie. I'll get the butchers cash asap.

I hope to get back out this week. Ideally catch up with Visla too.

Got to say, it must be 4 years ago I met Jimmy and Visla, and they took me out and showed me what this sport is all about. And even being out of the loop for a year and a half, the lads are still there when you want to come back.

Cheers fellas.

Daz

She may as well not had any pants on lol

she even saw me looking and just smiled at me :yes::laugh:

cracking night daz just cracking

not had a night like that for a long time mate

we will have to get the nv sorted for the rats for her :thumbs:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: