West Wales, Best Spots To Visit

My missus and I are off in the camper van for the next five days. We're heading to west Wales and I'm looking for any recommendations. Good places to walk dogs, beaches, rock fishing spots, trout lakes or streams, quiet spots to park up etc. Basically we'll be exploring but it's a big place and local knowledge is always useful ?. We'll be looking for quieter places, I'm not into crowds at all. All info gratefully received. Cheers

Walshie what 2weeks of the year does it not piss down every time we go hunting in Wales we come home soaked to the skin, I asked a farmer last year does it ever stop he said there is two sorts of weather heavy rain and not do heavy rain, we always have good crack though.

Walshie what 2weeks of the year does it not piss down every time we go hunting in Wales we come home soaked to the skin, I asked a farmer last year does it ever stop he said there is two sorts of weather heavy rain and not do heavy rain, we always have good crack though.

Hasn't rained here for 2 weeks. Been chilly but dry. Today was terrific.

Sporting shooter off here gave me some great tip's when i asked a very similar question a few years back. Unfortunately.. I've been to bed since then.

One of the best things i did was get a ride on a RIB around Ramsey Island, from St Davids.

Funny thing was, fella that took us out, clocked our accent. He was from the same small mining town as us.. 9hr dive away. His best mate lives 4 doors away from me! He also knew our lasses mum. I reckon he'd given her a length back in the day!

Anyway. Pembrokeshire could be a tad too far south for you. If you do make it down there, try to get a few miles of the costal path in, northwards, from Broadhaven. Loads of bird life. Peregrine central!!

• Like 2

My missus and I are off in the camper van for the next five days. We're heading to west Wales and I'm looking for any recommendations. Good places to walk dogs, beaches, rock fishing spots, trout lakes or streams, quiet spots to park up etc. Basically we'll be exploring but it's a big place and local knowledge is always useful . We'll be looking for quieter places, I'm not into crowds at all. All info gratefully received. Cheers

All of Wales is stunningly beautiful.Park up and walk a few yards in Wales and you are nearly in eutopia,drive a few hundred miles further north above Carlisle and you reach gods country.