Madness: The Greatest Show On Earth!

My lovely wife and I took our nine year old son and five year old daughter to their first gig last night. Only problem is, I'm now wondering if every other gig will pale into insignificance for them.

The Nutty Boys definitely delivered again: as the t-shirt says "The Greatest Show on Earth." Thanks Suggs, Chas, Woody, Bedders, Chrissy Boy, Monsieur Barso and last but not least Lee "Kix" Thompson for a great evening's entertainment! :toast:

• Like 4

Only seen them once at Ingleston near Edinburgh in '92. They were good, but there was a massive scrap before they came on which kind of f****d things up a bit and had the crowd on edge. If I remember right they had to leave all the lights on and had the coppers were watching on the entire time.

My lovely wife and I took our nine year old son and five year old daughter to their first gig last night. Only problem is, I'm now wondering if every other gig will pale into insignificance for them.

The Nutty Boys definitely delivered again: as the t-shirt says "The Greatest Show on Earth." Thanks Suggs, Chas, Woody, Bedders, Chrissy Boy, Monsieur Barso and last but not least Lee "Kix" Thompson for a great evening's entertainment! :toast:

as the other singer left smith the one who done the dancing ?

That shows how far back I was...I didn't notice one was missing! :D

Not surprising with a mad five year old wearing flowers in her hair and dancing on my shoulders. The only negative of the night for me was when she announced, "I need a poo!" just before they were due to come on so I missed Embarrassment and The Prince.

I've seen all of the old SKA bands many times over the years.Saw The Specials last year who Wernt as good as they were a few years back when they still had Neville and John in the band.Im going to see The Selector and The Beat in 2 weeks.Im hoping that should be good as both bands have been fantastic when I've seen them in the past.Was offered a free ticket to see Madness a couple of weeks back but declined as the last 2 times I've seen them they were crap.Should have took the ticket as they had 3 warm up bands that I really rate and could have just left early.

• Like 1

Not surprising with a mad five year old wearing flowers in her hair and dancing on my shoulders. The only negative of the night for me was when she announced, "I need a poo!" just before they were due to come on so I missed Embarrassment and The Prince.

wow two songs that's a big pooh for a 5 year old

wow two songs that's a big pooh for a 5 year old

You've obviously never taken a five year old to use a porta-loo on a packed festival site...then again neither had I! :D

I've seen all of the old SKA bands many times over the years.Saw The Specials last year who Wernt as good as they were a few years back when they still had Neville and John in the band.Im going to see The Selector and The Beat in 2 weeks.Im hoping that should be good as both bands have been fantastic when I've seen them in the past.Was offered a free ticket to see Madness a couple of weeks back but declined as the last 2 times I've seen them they were crap.Should have took the ticket as they had 3 warm up bands that I really rate and could have just left early.

saw the Specials at Brixton when they first reformed...think it was original line up?...worst band I ever seen live!...Terry hall like a reluctant old tramp...at £40 a pop he can f**k off back to fun boy3...seen the beat (but not with the white bloke singing) and Bad manners they was good...liked the first two Madness albums...but couldn't stand the house of fun our house type stuff they did...see them play after the racing at Newmarket...they was a lot better than I thought theyd be...also see Suggs do his one man show thing that was good...there was a yank band used to gig over here in the 90s called the might mighty bosstones...they was heavily influenced by Madness...see them a few times...one of the best bands I seen live

• Like 1

saw the Specials at Brixton when they first reformed...think it was original line up?...worst band I ever seen live!...Terry hall like a reluctant old tramp...at £40 a pop he can f**k off back to fun boy3...seen the beat (but not with the white bloke singing) and Bad manners they was good...liked the first two Madness albums...but couldn't stand the house of fun our house type stuff they did...see them play after the racing at Newmarket...they was a lot better than I thought theyd be...also see Suggs do his one man show thing that was good...there was a yank band used to gig over here in the 90s called the might mighty bosstones...they was heavily influenced by Madness...see them a few times...one of the best bands I seen live
The Specials were brilliant when I saw them on their 30th anniversary tour but we're quite average last year.The beat were really tight when I saw them.Suggs was out of his head and forgetting his lyrics when I last saw them.The bosstones were a brilliant band I saw them support a SKA Punk band called Rancid back in the 90s.Im quite into a band called the Dub pistols at the moment that are sort of SKA dub influenced dance stuff.