Mackerel Fishing

Theres some bye law which put a limit on how many Mackerel you can take down hopes Nose I think it 20. Its to try and stop all the foreigners commercial fishing and the litter they leave behind. They have made it into some kind of nature reserve. In the local rag it said they had already fined some people.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Theres some bye law which put a limit on how many Mackerel you can take down hopes Nose I think it 20. Its to try and stop all the foreigners commercial fishing and the litter they leave behind. They have made it into some kind of nature reserve. In the local rag it said they had already fined some people.

Cheers Arry

Good, its a beautiful spot down there and it was being ruined by large numbers of Asians absolutely fleecing it, that was about 3 years ago when i saw it, rubbish everywhere

• Like 2

Cheers Arry

Good, its a beautiful spot down there and it was being ruined by large numbers of Asians absolutely fleecing it, that was about 3 years ago when i saw it, rubbish everywhere

Yea jonah your right there, my mate Bry i fish,ferret and forage with got so angry he walk over picked all the rubbish and stuff it into one off their bags in full sight of them. He told them to take their fxxking rubbish home with them, they never said a word.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

Theres some bye law which put a limit on how many Mackerel you can take down hopes Nose I think it 20. Its to try and stop all the foreigners commercial fishing and the litter they leave behind. They have made it into some kind of nature reserve. In the local rag it said they had already fined some people.Cheers Arry

Yea jonah your right there, my mate Bry i fish,ferret and forage with got so angry he walk over picked all the rubbish and stuff it into one off their bags in full sight of them. He told them to take their fxxking rubbish home with them, they never said a word.Cheers Arry

Tell Bry he's a top bloke, wish more folk took this stance

• Like 1

Theres some bye law which put a limit on how many Mackerel you can take down hopes Nose I think it 20. Its to try and stop all the foreigners commercial fishing and the litter they leave behind. They have made it into some kind of nature reserve. In the local rag it said they had already fined some people

Cheers Arry

It has been cleaned up there a bit. I'm heading there next week so hopefully get a few. I go mid week so it's fairly quiet. As Jonah said, a few years ago it got really bad. People where taking too much and leaving all their kit and litter behind. Will see how it is next week

Theres some bye law which put a limit on how many Mackerel you can take down hopes Nose I think it 20. Its to try and stop all the foreigners commercial fishing and the litter they leave behind. They have made it into some kind of nature reserve. In the local rag it said they had already fined some people

Cheers Arry

It has been cleaned up there a bit. I'm heading there next week so hopefully get a few. I go mid week so it's fairly quiet. As Jonah said, a few years ago it got really bad. People where taking too much and leaving all their kit and litter behind. Will see how it is next week

That was this year eastern europeans were wrecking it with their greed and litter. Also they had upset a local crabber not sure how but he put a rope in front of the high ground to the right of mackerel point, so fishing for plaice and smooth hounds was out. Plenty of mackerel on the last big tides every where in the bay and start bay. good luck mate.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry

Local news tonight arry from goodrington to torquay shoals of mackeral beached

Free bait without a rod lol.

I agree with hopes nose tho I just go down long quarry now fed up with the tinsel chuckers when I'm targeting the hounds,

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Loads of Mackerel in Start bay at the moment. Had a few for a feed yesterday from Beesands but the beach was minging the mackerel driven sprat white bait up the shore. there were two line of them about half a meter wide the hole length of the beach cooking in the sun. Had a cracking Fisherman breakfast from the cafe down there.

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG No sausages?Blasphemy!?

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:02, Arry said:

Thought I'd pass this on, Mackerel will die if handled then returned to the water. Best way is to crush the barbs or barb less hooks and shake them off straight back into the sea. Not trying to tell granny how to suck eggs but some folk don't know.

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Articles/Releasing_Mackerel.html

Cheers Arry

never knew that , thanks Harry