Starting Work

Well good luck to u c green but this is one reason why there are so many dogs on the merry go round ! Lads are far too eager to test their dogs at such a young age and ruin them then sell them coz they have blown their brains or carry injuries at 8 months old it's a f***ing disgrace but like I say all along in this game there are dog me and men with dogs

No one said anything about testing mate but a few bits here and there ain't gonna do no harm is it might be different where you are but here if you walk your dogs enough there gonna bump into things so no good holding a pup back too much as sooner or later a rabbits gonna get up. That's a lot different to testing aint it.

Well good luck to u c green but this is one reason why there are so many dogs on the merry go round ! Lads are far too eager to test their dogs at such a young age and ruin them then sell them coz they have blown their brains or carry injuries at 8 months old it's a f***ing disgrace but like I say all along in this game there are dog me and men with dogs[/quote

I won't be running at 8 months by any means after reading the advice I've been given by people and yourself I'd sooner wait and have a good dog for longer then a good dog for a season. Atb

For what it's worth there's be some animals yas can hold back till it second yr and they gonna open up,just the make up in some types to do it but Yas can bet ya bottom dollar a wee introduction don't harm any youngster timing conditions and ground have a little helping in some success.atb bunnys.

Well good luck to u c green but this is one reason why there are so many dogs on the merry go round ! Lads are far too eager to test their dogs at such a young age and ruin them then sell them coz they have blown their brains or carry injuries at 8 months old it's a f***ing disgrace but like I say all along in this game there are dog me and men with dogs[/quote

I won't be running at 8 months by any means after reading the advice I've been given by people and yourself I'd sooner wait and have a good dog for longer then a good dog for a season. Atb

lol no done any of mine any harm waiting longer won't make a good dog dog can still be shite no matter how long you leave it good luck

Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 1

Well good luck to u c green but this is one reason why there are so many dogs on the merry go round ! Lads are far too eager to test their dogs at such a young age and ruin them then sell them coz they have blown their brains or carry injuries at 8 months old it's a f***ing disgrace but like I say all along in this game there are dog me and men with dogs

Waiting to 18 months to give a lurcher a run..lol..

15 to 18 months for me, seen many a dog ruined by being entered to early, yet to see one ruined by being entered to late.... focus on training first, if something gets up in front of them while out and about so be it

Couldn't agree more.

If its a young xBull or xBedlington it will catch. And might be spectacular and kill 1000s rabbits (or whatever you are after) but you will damage it. The point is not that young dogs won't catch, the point is that in the catching they're likely to get damaged because they are not properly developed. This is not about being soft on the dog or wrapping it in cotton wool it is about protecting your pet/investment. I think bull crosses should be held back the most because they are so brave and strong they show injuries the least.

• Like 1

15 to 18 months for me, seen many a dog ruined by being entered to early, yet to see one ruined by being entered to late.... focus on training first, if something gets up in front of them while out and about so be it

Couldn't agree more.

If its a young xBull or xBedlington it will catch. And might be spectacular and kill 1000s rabbits (or whatever you are after) but you will damage it. The point is not that young dogs won't catch, the point is that in the catching they're likely to get damaged because they are not properly developed. This is not about being soft on the dog or wrapping it in cotton wool it is about protecting your pet/investment. I think bull crosses should be held back the most because they are so brave and strong they show injuries the least.

some thing to be said for that. Mine had an accidental run at 7 month. Gave his heart and soul and just went twang and that was in straight line. Took over a year to get right %100