• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The famous terrier or dog thing is an American thing and , sorry, but 99 % of the Yanks have the whole working terrier game arse ways. And I've been corresponding with American terrier men since 2001

I'm sure that's the picture that was put up off Toddy

Some f***ing hypocrites on here. No matter what pictures go up somebody complaines iv seen worse pictures in books that lads on here read like fukcing Bibles. It's a hunting site. Get down off yer hig

Posted Images

What makes a dog prominent in the world of terries. Would you say the amount of offspring they produce or their individual working ability or both. According to the advert Spartacus was sireing pups not much older than a year old the nigger dog never seen much work by 18month, and the Sampson dog what age was he when he was sireing pups ginger etc

it was admitted the other day on a Facebook forum that that is called speed breeding

speed breeding has been happening for years some men would line anything just to get their name in every box in a 5 gen ped. I commented nice bitch to a chap at the gamefair.'Double bred Sampson' he said 'though to be honest the bitch ain't showing much promise' Sorry I don't know the dog. Is he any good ? He has lined 100s of bitchs. Does that makeup him a good dog I asked ? Well he must have something for all those bitchs that are brought to him. How's the bitchs dame work I asked? 'Mediocre' he said.(Dido or Minor I think he called them) What about her gran dame? 'To be fair the chap i got the bitch from told me she was garbage, but well bred, any daughter of Sampson is worth breeding from he said'

If it pulls towards an occupied earth then breed from it seems to be how it was done? Sorry but no dog in my eyes can be truly tested in a season or 2.said dog walks half way through 2/3 season? What becomes of the 100 plus pups its sired? It's all hushed up brushed under the carpet to continue fleecing folks selling them a dream. There will always be wrong uns, big names and nobody's breeding for all the wrong reasons. Regardless of a dogs heritage, said animal should be fully tested over 5/6 seasons before lining it... Seems lots don't have the patience or true faith in what they kennel or things would be different imo. Atb dc

• Like 2

speed breeding has been happening for years some men would line anything just to get their name in every box in a 5 gen ped. I commented nice bitch to a chap at the gamefair.'Double bred Sampson' he said 'though to be honest the bitch ain't showing much promise' Sorry I don't know the dog. Is he any good ? He has lined 100s of bitchs. Does that makeup him a good dog I asked ? Well he must have something for all those bitchs that are brought to him. How's the bitchs dame work I asked? 'Mediocre' he said.(Dido or Minor I think he called them) What about her gran dame? 'To be fair the chap i got the bitch from told me she was garbage, but well bred, any daughter of Sampson is worth breeding from he said'

And folk wonder why there's so many don't make the grade !

• Like 1

If it pulls towards an occupied earth then breed from it seems to be how it was done? Sorry but no dog in my eyes can be truly tested in a season or 2.said dog walks half way through 2/3 season? What becomes of the 100 plus pups its sired? It's all hushed up brushed under the carpet to continue fleecing folks selling them a dream. There will always be wrong uns, big names and nobody's breeding for all the wrong reasons. Regardless of a dogs heritage, said animal should be fully tested over 5/6 seasons before lining it... Seems lots don't have the patience or true faith in what they kennel or things would be different imo. Atb dc

What if said dog is everything that you want in a dog but dies in the line of duty before you have chance to breed off it

We all know dogs who this has happened to, and we all know good dog men that have bred them a lot earlier than that

What makes a dog prominent in the world of terries. Would you say the amount of offspring they produce or their individual working ability or both. According to the advert Spartacus was sireing pups not much older than a year old the nigger dog never seen much work by 18month, and the Sampson dog what age was he when he was sireing pups ginger etc

I was given a name for who owned Ginger just the other day. If it was the correct name then he's a respected fella in the game and yet he got a pup out of Samson at a young age it seems. I'd say there was no mistake made, personally

But I might be biased though. I have a granddaughter

What if said dog is everything that you want in a dog but dies in the line of duty before you have chance to breed off it

We all know dogs who this has happened to, and we all know good dog men that have bred them a lot earlier than that

Then you breed of his brother if he's good enough to breed from. IMO one good worker from a litter is not a good reason to breed from him. His siblings should have a high percentage of workers too.

A dog or bitch being well bred is NOT enough to breed from them, they have to be good workers too.

• Like 4

Then you breed of his brother if he's good enough to breed from. IMO one good worker from a litter is not a good reason to breed from him. His siblings should have a high percentage of workers too.

A dog or bitch being well bred is NOT enough to breed from them, they have to be good workers too.

No you do whatever you want because theyre your terriers. Not what Neil cooney on www.thehuntinglife.com says

• Like 1

if you worry about losing a dog everytime you put it to ground then you should be in a different game imo, that's no excuse for breeding from pups-that's their choice... I tried it myself once when I was stuck, to proud or stubborn to ask for a lining... Wouldn't do it again in a hurry...set me back if I'm honest - Nothings garenteed even when lining a pair of faultless terriers together with many seasons behind them. More the sire and dam have done then a better chance of getting dogs that will last more than a season or 2 imo. Obviously over the years it's worked for some? Or maybe they just couldn't turn down the coin and notoriety?and kept up the lies? So as not to lose face? unless you happened to be there we won't ever know deadeyes... The truth has/will die with those men in question. Just enjoy what you got and don't worry about other folk's. Atb dc
  • Like 2

if you worry about losing a dog everytime you put it to ground then you should be in a different game imo, that's no excuse for breeding from pups-that's their choice... I tried it myself once when I was stuck, to proud or stubborn to ask for a lining... Wouldn't do it again in a hurry...set me back if I'm honest - Nothings garenteed even when lining a pair of faultless terriers together with many seasons behind them. More the sire and dam have done then a better chance of getting dogs that will last more than a season or 2 imo. Obviously over the years it's worked for some? Or maybe they just couldn't turn down the coin and notoriety?and kept up the lies? So as not to lose face? unless you happened to be there we won't ever know deadeyes... The truth has/will die with those men in question. Just enjoy what you got and don't worry about other folk's. Atb dc

Sometimes a person can be in a situation where say for example he has only the 1 bitch and she is hard as nails and has had a few near missis to ground but is only 2 year old but from a very good line of proven terriers,would it not be right to breed a litter from her to a well seasoned dog and take a chance,imo you are better of with a litter on the ground then to end up with nothing at all.I have a bitch here that was bred at 2 year old and had only done 1 good season and a few digs in her 1st season,She had 5 pups all of whome worked and i still have her and 2 of her daughters in kennells at present,she now going 8 year old daughters going 6 and apart from 1 of the daughters geting caught by accident neither daughter has been bred from as yet but probably will breed 1 of them this year as we will want young stuff coming on next season.

• Like 7

I don't disagree, but I personally think it's up to the owners of the dam and sire to make that choice.

I also agree that pups should be given away to likeminded folk.

They'll not want them if they don't trust you, the dogs, and the breeding

Sometimes a person can be in a situation where say for example he has only the 1 bitch and she is hard as nails and has had a few near missis to ground but is only 2 year old but from a very good line of proven terriers,would it not be right to breed a litter from her to a well seasoned dog and take a chance,imo you are better of with a litter on the ground then to end up with nothing at all.I have a bitch here that was bred at 2 year old and had only done 1 good season and a few digs in her 1st season,She had 5 pups all of whome worked and i still have her and 2 of her daughters in kennells at present,she now going 8 year old daughters going 6 and apart from 1 of the daughters geting caught by accident neither daughter has been bred from as yet but probably will breed 1 of them this year as we will want young stuff coming on next season.
good honest post. But surely you was breeding for what you knew in hindsight, to put it and for the right reasons only. The other way people have maybe done it and under a different scenario. Is for coin and all the rest of it. Overlooking the right reasons
  • Like 2

Fat man I found myself in a similar situation few yrs back, had a solid working bitch but only a young dog to line her. It gave me a dog or two to dig the following few seasons but I wouldn't do it again, travelled and sourced a good working sire this time around. Fingers crossed these pups do the job and this time I won't have that doubt in the back of my head. Ultimately it's down to the lad who's dogs they are...so long as they are honest then it's down to you if you want to take a chance on them. I'm glad it worked out for you. Atb dc

I think meself there's a lot of luck involved when it comes ta breeding terriers end of as for telling the truth a lot terriermen Dont like ta hear the truth that's a fact only certain clicks get on at it there all in each others pocket for one reason or the other.

• Like 5