Worst Job You've Ever Had ?

Mine was when on a yts putting loft insulation in the old fibre glass stuff that inched like feck and it was in the middle of summer and was red hot another one was weeding every flower bed on a private garden and she had loads of them the snotty old bitch insisted on every weed being dug out and roots and all removing and never once did she brew up

Edited by blackmaggie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I boxed when i was a teenager and after a club match at Corby a fellah asked one of our trainers if he knew a couple of big lads to go on the doors at his pub at Stilton on the A1, two lads were up f

Was a bus driver for 3 weeks had to give it up didn't like people talking behind my back .

I once took a second job as pot wash in the Cunning Man pub in Burghfield near Reading - I didn't mind the job but, the head chef was a complete c**t - a proper Gordon ramsey wannabe.   I stormed ou

Posted Images

Cleaning the inside of a giant container which had a build up iron filings 'growing' on its sides. The iron filings came from lathes placed above the container. All the iron shavings fell into the container and every year it needed descaling.

Temperatures above 100 degrees were normal. It was so dark you could barely see a yard in front of your body. We had to strip to our underpants and hack away at the filings with crow bars. The deposits were about a foot thick and once we had hacked away and bagged the stuff, we had to climb out of the container on a ladder that was maybe a hundred rungs in length. I was the only white guy and i can remember a mate of mine, a Jamaican, saying ' this job isn't fit for a f****n nigger'.

The filings used to get into every fold of skin on your body and drive you crazy with an itch that was like no other itch. We got double pay for the fortnight the job lasted, but believe me it wasn't worth it.

How come you had to do the job in your duds ?
  • Like 1

Cleaning the inside of a giant container which had a build up iron filings 'growing' on its sides. The iron filings came from lathes placed above the container. All the iron shavings fell into the container and every year it needed descaling.

Temperatures above 100 degrees were normal. It was so dark you could barely see a yard in front of your body. We had to strip to our underpants and hack away at the filings with crow bars. The deposits were about a foot thick and once we had hacked away and bagged the stuff, we had to climb out of the container on a ladder that was maybe a hundred rungs in length. I was the only white guy and i can remember a mate of mine, a Jamaican, saying ' this job isn't fit for a f****n nigger'.

The filings used to get into every fold of skin on your body and drive you crazy with an itch that was like no other itch. We got double pay for the fortnight the job lasted, but believe me it wasn't worth it.

How come you had to do the job in your duds ?

I would have thought the heat we only worked in our under kegs on the tale gate rip down the pit.

• Like 1

I once worked in a cat litter factory filling up paper sacks with the stuff and stitching them.up. used to reach 8 side the machine and snap the string about 5 times a day because only the supervisor was allowed to open it and it would take him at least half an hour to restring it so you went outside for a smoke and a brew. They got someone down from head office in the end to see why the site was so unproductive and he went mad at the supervisor for making us use substandard equipment? I even broke the string just one second after he had mended it and the inspector bollocked him for not fixing it properly ?

I once took a second job as pot wash in the Cunning Man pub in Burghfield near Reading - I didn't mind the job but, the head chef was a complete c**t - a proper Gordon ramsey wannabe.

I stormed out after slamming him into the floor when he spat at me one day.

...... I still smile when I remember the cruching sound he made :D

My old fishing haunt the weir pool one night came back to van just opposite cunning man and it was on blocks b*****ds nicked the wheels :)

Best one I heard was a mate of mine, got a yopper job after school at the local zoo, the old Calderpark zoo near Uddingston.

He was the penguin keeper....and you just need to mention penguins to him and he goes rage, apparently they are right little fekkers and they peck you every time your turn your back, they knew where to get him right above his wellies and the back of his legs are still pockmarked with scars years later.....and he was on crap money too.....the joys of Thatchers YOP and YTS.

What made me stick in at school was watching the poor fekkers on a YTS scheme out of the classroom window, they used to line a team up, make them dig a 6 foot wide, 6 foot deep ditch......then in the afternoon another team came up and filled it in.....week after week.....

• Like 1

Having been in the same trade from day dot, one thing does spring to mind......

We used to decorate all the TK Maxx new and re-fit stores up and down the UK.

Doing a re-fit at the store in Croydon (in main shopping centre) on nights.

We were doing back of house when I decided to do the toilets.........never in my life have I seen such mess in a ladies toilet in my life.

Upon moving the sanitary bins in each cubical there were used rags, just dropped but worst of all a lot of the Somali staff didn't use anything and just wiped up and threw on floor or behind systen.

We packed up and f****d off with the site agent promising to get it clean...."nah mate, we are off " was all he got told.

Oh, and the human shite on doors and floors...... no chance!

Matt

Having been in the same trade from day dot, one thing does spring to mind......

We used to decorate all the TK Maxx new and re-fit stores up and down the UK.

Doing a re-fit at the store in Croydon (in main shopping centre) on nights.

We were doing back of house when I decided to do the toilets.........never in my life have I seen such mess in a ladies toilet in my life.

Upon moving the sanitary bins in each cubical there were used rags, just dropped but worst of all a lot of the Somali staff didn't use anything and just wiped up and threw on floor or behind systen.

We packed up and f****d off with the site agent promising to get it clean...."nah mate, we are off " was all he got told.

Oh, and the human shite on doors and floors...... no chance!

Matt

I've done my fair share of refits-toilets back of house always f****n bogging even in places like Trafford center, so right dirty f***ing bitches about lol. Atb dc
  • Like 1

Another awful job I had was delivering papers and leaflets to the tower blocks on the pepys estate in Deptford. No working lifts every stairwell full of rubbish including faeces. Junkies laying about in their own vomit. Several loose aggressive dogs roaming about. Even had africans with knives come running out screaming at me when I put a leaflet through their door !!! Terrible filthy frightening job and exhausting doing the stairs