Looking For Bull X Pups

Hopfully ive got a saluki bull grey myself and a beddy wheaten grey everything seems be miles away

If you want the right blood, you travel regardless. My own dog here was a ten hour round trip to view the litter and another ten hour round trip to pick it up. Lads regular travel that for sport as well. Regards the hoff

• Like 1

I already have the right blood i want in my dogs its for mi cousin so he can do the travleing and to me a dog is what time and effort you put into it not how far you had to travle or what you paid why everyone thinks you have to pay mad money and travle million miles to get a good dog is beyond me before all theese top dogs were top dogs they knew nothing whats more impressive a dog thats been bred exspected to be mint or a underdog that makes it look stupid just my 2 pence worth atb john wigan

• Like 1

It's not the traveling that's the problem these days when obtaining a decent pup out of good gear it's finding out weather the parents were actually any good at there job or not to begin with and not pounced round a show ring lets be honest who wants a pup bred from second rate gear out of dogs talked up by a band of followers on the internet claiming of being decent dogs at there job I've always found most adds for pups that don't state age of sire An dam on the add tend to be hiding something straight away (not always the case)9 times out of ten they don't get out much as claimed an the parents have only had a couple of working seasons a peace and are bred for the wrong reasons......but always lied about bred for own use then once the other litter mates have sold then the pup they kept is then sold on with a poor excuse why they didn't keep it.

• Like 1

Poxon totally agree brought this merle has a collie x grey when he started to grow he has bull in him and I would say now collie x grey x bull x grey so u don't always get the truth

that's just it mate you've got to be so careful these days lads buy in dogs but don't know the cross or are told there one cross then breed out of them selling them as one cross but when they start maturing they look completely different to what they are meant to be cross wise. I'm not a bull x man but I've always said a very small amount of bull blood in any lurcher adds good things to the all round hunting dog

Yeah i totally agree with you however that doesnt mean a dog that hasnt got working parents cant be made to be as good as one with working stock in the dog to me its all about the time and effort put into the dog i agree that it is saught of an advantage but not that it has to have working stock in the line to be a good dog just my opinion and i realy do believe it obv everyones diffrent and wont agree nice one for advice lads much appreciated also if anione does know of any pups get intouch if you can atb lads

• Like 1

Yeah i totally agree with you however that doesnt mean a dog that hasnt got working parents cant be made to be as good as one with working stock in the dog to me its all about the time and effort put into the dog i agree that it is saught of an advantage but not that it has to have working stock in the line to be a good dog just my opinion and i realy do believe it obv everyones diffrent and wont agree nice one for advice lads much appreciated also if anione does know of any pups get intouch if you can atb lads

Scafflad I sort of agree with what your saying to a degree but for me it'd have to be lurcher to lurcher or long dog to long dog best to best to even the odds as there's no point in gambling the odds and setting your self up for disappointment with pet dogs if there's dogs bred out the right gear already doing the job in hand that your wanting to do all you have to do is look at some of the line bred match dogs that are bred or the line bred bull xs for there jobs if the dogs dirt or a jacker it's not put in the gene pool...I'm not saying a serviceable running dog can't be bred out of pet dogs but I'd definitely wouldn't want to kid my self

• Like 1

You've just got me thinking scafflad

How many gun dog people who want a gun dog buy a pet dog to work the along side the gun

How many sheep farmers buy a kc pet collie to work

How many digging lads buy a pet bred terrier for work

How many military people buy in out of pet stock

How many people who want to race a greyhound would buy a kc greyhound to race

• Like 1

Happy days but how did they get to be of working line in the first place as ime not onabout the dogs of today i mean like the first ever one was it taught and shown to hunt by someone to get that working line/blood so i dont see why that cant be achieved from puppy regardless of working stock or not duno ime new to it tbh but verry keen to learn and like to pick at brains and ide say a hell of alot mate atb john