Oh Boy

Rabid

Decided to have an hour or two out last night after seeing a few, so with all the kit charged up I went for a toddle, walked down the first field and saw nothing, thought I may be wasting my time.

Opened the gate and it clanged like a good un, quick scan round and nowt on show, walked that field and the next without so much as a sniff, so started heading back, one small bunny showed in the bottom of the hedge so a few moments later a jsb exact was winging it way over, perfect head shot and it was lights out, picked up at 42yards and onwards, made it back home with nothing else putting in an appearance.

Feeling a bit miffed sitting drinking coffee I grabbed my gear, whistled the dog and jumped in the truck, plan was to go visit a neighbouring farm and see what he had about, pulling out the gate a motor signalled to come in, looked, was my buddy who shoots at mine, brief exchange and he was soon in the truck and were off.

Got to the land and swapped seats, he was driving totally blind but I knew the fields and gateways so directed him, within the first half hour I had 8 in the bag, the dog was doing perfect, he really is getting the hang of retrieving, and he can find them a lot quicker than me, just need to stop his excited whining when he hears the shot !

Long story short my mate was struggling with the driving, and I knew he wanted some of the action, so on the last couple of fields I offered to swap, he jumped at the chance, he soon had his eye in and added a couple more.

Next field we pulled in we had three at about 40 yards, he nailed the first, reloaded and let one off, it sounded all wrong, I said wtf was that, a flick of the interior light soon showed he had put one straight through my mirror ! !

He was devastated, I was ever so slightly miffed myself, headlights on, walked round and checked the mirror, right through, pissed wasn't the word ! We were talking, noise, lights, walking about, when I saw both the other two were still sat there ! ! Grabbed the cricket and sent a jsb their way, dropped the first, second one sat up on its hind legs so he was dealt the same treatment, decided to call it a night and headed back, 14 in the bag and a modified mirror ?

Not what I had hoped for, but in the heat of the moment it happened, after many apologies and offers to pay we parted company.

Moral of the story is, these short little pups are very good for shooting out the motor, but they have a downside as well !

post-85496-0-90639700-1503486305_thumb.jpg

post-85496-0-68852000-1503486442_thumb.jpg

post-85496-0-07186100-1503486472_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Shit happens, wasn't what I said last night though !

My own fault really as I been after a gator, and had a deal done, but they backed out as it got sold the day after to a local fella

I've always had an old shooting truck of some description, best get something soon as it will get expensive like this !

Ouch ! :cry:

That wing mirror looks as though there`s a nice car on the end of it.

As said, accidents happen and the positive side is no one`s hurt.

Thanks, nothing that special, ford ranger, but still cost me a few quid and don't think the hole makes it more desirable !

'It's an unfortunate mishap, but was never likely to have caused anyone an injury, he was sat in the passenger seat shooting out the window as I always have done for many years, he simply forgot how far the mirror stuck out, and with the short little bull pup it's quite easy done, you cannot see it through the scope, and unlike in the daylight, or even lamplight you don't notice the mirror in total darkness, that's Nv and bullpups for you