Police Stop Play

We where sitting in a layby glassing a hill seeing if it was worth waking over with the guns and a cop car pulls in behind us and asked what are you up to , my mate pulled out his fire arms cert and permissions and explained and said you want to check these , the cop goes no chance its near my break time and drove off

Then i was at my work with my son driving between two roundabouts lamping the field on each side of the road and my son says theres a cop car behind us so i just kept lamping and they followed me so i went round the roundabout and back down the road after the second time the blue lights came on and a wpc came to my window and says can i ask what your doing ?. I replied vermin control job number 1234 i have phoned your control room , She said sorry they never tell us and went away , so why tell them ?.

We were ferreting once well away from the footpath on a wheat field that had been decimated by rabbit damage and had caught in excess of 50 at this point (oh for numbers like that now!) and a woman off the footpath with an out of control dog starts kicking off calling us "cruel b*****ds" etc and we politely told her to get back to the footpath. Next week local rag had a story about us! Women quoted as saying she was "powerlesss to act as the bodies mounted up"! Joke. Old man and farmer wrote in and got published explained what we were doing and to stay on the footpath! Good stories these lads.

Not just shooting lads...get that shit fishing too.. legally!

Police.. bailiff's and dog walkers. Had some right auld run ins. Dog walkers are the worst....seem to get upset when I call their dog a bellend and tell it to fukc off! Police and bailiffs are sound once you get your tickets out.

Some months back while crow shooting with the shotty, I had a police helicopter come over to take a closer look. I was picking a few dead birds up to set on cradles and just waved to them and popped back into the hide. They must have assumed I was there with consent and flew away.

I did expect a police car to come for a look as a follow up but that didn't happen.

Must be my innocent face :whistling:

Phil

Some months back while crow shooting with the shotty, I had a police helicopter come over to take a closer look. I was picking a few dead birds up to set on cradles and just waved to them and popped back into the hide. They must have assumed I was there with consent and flew away.

I did expect a police car to come for a look as a follow up but that didn't happen.

Must be my innocent face :whistling:

Phil

We had similar experience whilst lamping the orchard a few years ago, they circled once and came down lower and circled and hovered a while. Can only assume they were getting the 4x4 reg. Thought it a bit odd as it was dark (hence the lamping :laugh: ). They just fcuked off, but we half expected a visit later on, which never happened. They managed to put the rabbits down though, cnuts.

• 4 weeks later...

matty thud, just out of curiosity mate, do you not inform the local constabulary of time and location, locations you will be at? Nothing like a good Helicopter and a Dozen Authorised Firearms Officers a few dogs, Five Vans, Six CID, Two Sergeant's and Eight Constables and One Chief Inspector all offering to light your fag for you.

Alls well that and well.

All the very best

i used to inform the police when out NV shooting,given up now as cannot get through

to the control room since all the cuts.i am not spending 15 mins + of my time waiting!!!!

no problems around my area as everybody knows " the verminator "!!!

atb brian

• Like 2

I recently gained a large permission by working for a farmer.

He told me that another fella shoots the land also and he will introduce us if we don`t meet shooting, I was also told he is very protective of the land/ wildlife and correctly so I replied.

Anyway we did meet, introduced ourselves etc.

I went pigeon shooting with the shotgun and he turned up, inspecting the hide area for shells left, or damage etc, etc or no left behind pigeons etc. - that made me a little angry lads but I didn`t show it.

Well he appeared a second time, sneaking up on the hedgerow, Kaiser had clocked him long before I did and gave out one of his long deep growls.

I said nothing to Kaiser, he`s an 80 lbs male GSP, nuts intact and he loathes strangers with a passion !

post-85710-0-59382100-1506237937.jpg

Here he is at " confessions" :laugh:

Here he is working.

post-85710-0-16543200-1506238107.jpg

He flew at this guy jumping out the hedges saying loudly " What are you shooting then !"

About 10 ft off him I shouted " no Kaiser !" - he instantly stopped and stared at the stranger with his deep growl.

I stood my dog down, he sat and watched.

The guy said, I`m sorry it`s my fault for sneaking up on you, he was only doing his job I suppose.

We`ve never seen him since.

• Like 1

Jealousy make some act strange.

Doing what one perceives is your job ones and finding all is fine all is well and good. Twice? As you are there on and with the same permission. Well mark I do not have a dog GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Good on you Mark, a peaceful life, not to sure if number three come around though, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

All the very best for you and yours

• Like 1

I had an arse of a neighbour of mine call the police when I'd been plinking/zeroing in my garden. Nice lass in uniform at the door asks if I've been shooting an air rifle in the garden? I said, "In MY garden, yes.

So we have a chat. She says "I just want your side of the story before we do something silly!".

So I show her my rifle (Daystate Regal .177 on this occassion) Chrono test sheet from Daystate, and into the garden where she can see the targets plus backstops like the paving slab behind the target board. the banked earth mound behind that. Nothing that a pellet would have the slightest risk of penetrating and going astray out of bounds should I happen to have the one day in my life when I miss a barn door....

She leaves, satisfied that the law has not been broken in any way and goes round to the troublemaker to tell him ( I overheard her and the prat talking).

"Sorry. He's perfectly within his rights to shoot a legal limit air rifle on his own land and he's taken every reasonable precaution and safety measure. Nothing we can do!" Etc.

And the Policewoman leaves and my neighbour had to throw a blue fit with his wife over it...

...Then, he dies of a brain tumour a few weeks later. :icon_eek::huh: My gardener does odd jobs for them too and he told me he's gone. Kaput. DEAD.

I shoot in peace and haven't heard a peep out of anyone since.

.....New neighbour is a nice bloke and a member of BASC who shoots clays!

Dont know if thats a good story or a bad one :D

Not really had any issues myself as an adult, as a kid it was a different story.

A new gamekeeper collard me the start of this Spring actually... I saw his wagon approaching the area of where I was walking, but being relaxed and not bothered about him seeing me, he drove up and got out...

"I can assume you know Ian then?"

"Yes mukka, Ive been shooting on this land for 5 years..."

"Oh."

"Im Joe."

"Im James" I say. He's a kid still wet behind the ears, straight out gamekeeping college or something or another.

"What are you shooting then?"

"An airgun..."

"No. What..."

"The usual"

"Hmmmmm, Ive not seen you before...?" He says...

As I stand in front of him in full DPM gear.

"I wonder why..." I say.

"Anyway Joe. Must go."

• Like 2