Police Stop Play

Last night I went to my golf course permission to thin out a few rabbits on the practice greens were the green keepers have seen good numbers lately. Arrived at about 820 and scoped the rapid fac in on a bit of land behind green keepers yard before heading out as I was walking over to were I wanted to be I came across a old woman walking her dog . She was about 50 yards away from me just on the edge of the green at the side of the private road that runs down to the golf course . As she seen me she rushed of the course dragging the dog along before I could get to her anyway thought nothing of it and off I went to get set up before the light faded took one rabbit out before lost the light then put my t67 green light on and managed to shoot another 3 . Now this course gets a few poachers on it now and again but not norm on the practice greens so I was surprised to see 2 flash lights shining over my way I unloaded my gun and put back into slip and picked the rabbits up and made my way over. As I got closer I could see a police car near the trees in the distance and then the dog walker came into my head . As I got a bit closer the flash lights came across me and I could see 2 0fficers walking towards me ther asked me if I had permission to shoot here and checked me out over the radio came back clear I asked if there wanted to see my documents in van but ther said no and that when ther saw my van and looked in and saw the pest control on golf course sign that they new ther had a wasted journey. I asked them if it was a dog walker that reported me and they just smiled ther was ok with me and we got talking about shooting for 10 mins before ther went by the time it put a end to my night. Thanks for reading matty

• Like 4

same happened to me a few years ago,and the dog walker who called the police was tresspassing on the golf course,they make you laugh

that's [BANNED TEXT] I was going to say to her but she dashed off before I could get to her mate .

Same here we where lamping with the rimmy complete darkness when this collie jumped up at me i grabbed the collar and a owner appeared i said can you put this dog on a lead we are doing vermin control here , she said sorry then starts mouthing off i ask for here permission to be there and said ive got mine here never saw her again but golf courses are a hot bed of trouble starts at first light folk walking across them to work and at night i saw two dogs with luminous collars and no sign of a owner

Few years ago got reported by horsey incomers for shooting at airplanes coming out of east mids airport :censored: .Merrily sat under a sitty tree with my shotgun and heard my name being called unloaded and went for a look 2 coppers in the next field .Whilst checking permission the phone goes and when the copper answers this rabbid woman is demanding to know if the terrorist has been arrested :icon_eek: .

Well dont know how the copper kept a straight face ,the ranting bum wipe on the other end refused to believe i was legit despite being told just a pigeon shooter with permission .When i told the land owner he laughed and said he knew exactly which tawt is was and they needed to sod off back to la la land :laugh:

matty thud, just out of curiosity mate, do you not inform the local constabulary of time and location, locations you will be at? Nothing like a good Helicopter and a Dozen Authorised Firearms Officers a few dogs, Five Vans, Six CID, Two Sergeant's and Eight Constables and One Chief Inspector all offering to light your fag for you.

Alls well that and well.

All the very best

matty thud, just out of curiosity mate, do you not inform the local constabulary of time and location, locations you will be at? Nothing like a good Helicopter and a Dozen Authorised Firearms Officers a few dogs, Five Vans, Six CID, Two Sergeant's and Eight Constables and One Chief Inspector all offering to light your fag for you.

Alls well that and well.

All the very best

no mate jus inform the green keeper who norm tells me were rabbits causing damaged phoned him this morn to let him no [BANNED TEXT] happend and he knows off the woman ther had trouble with her in past walking over course. Mite be worth considering tho mate .
  • Like 1

I was ferreting once on permission with a mate and the land owner when a woman walked past a good 30yrds of the path just to say that we were cruel b*****ds for hurting rabbits So nicely I said be careful walking off the footpath love you might step in a rabbit hole and brake a leg well she never got to finish what she was saying when she did step on a shallow bury and badly sprained her ankle and twisted her knee I've never felt so awful in my life honestly just couldn't stop laughing at her silly woman

Atvb mark

• Like 1

Had one when i was shooting crows one morning came over waving has hands in the air and his doverman showing its teeth

shouting leave the crows alone they do no harm

i try,d to explain as best i could about lambing season and that they peck the eyes out of the lambs

but there was no reasoning with him .ill call the police he shouted in my face and i mean right in my face

ill not say what happened next but lets put it this way his dog ran one way and he well ill let you all think on that lol

He now asks if iv getting much and waves when he see,s me ,

Iv had plod come down on me and viz a few times one time i was sitting on the farmers wall when they pulled up and this cocky police woman ask,d if i had permission to be there ,

I told her well as im sitting on the wall of the farmers garden and she is waving at me out of her window i would say yes

the male officer was p*ssing him self laughing witch made her worse I WANT TO SEE YOUR PAPERS AND WHERE IS YOU CAR

Parked next to the farmers jeep around the back

Honest the male officer was by this time wetting him self lol

she went off to check the car and with the farmer and me and the other officer just talked about the rifles

when she came back she ask,d where my papers were and i told her they were on the dash of the car at witch she say,d are you taking the P*ss out of me

the male officer say,d no he is not your doing a fine job of that your self

at witch she just started laughing and told me to p*ss off

she even waved at me with a big smile on her face when they left .

Had one turn up in a big riot van he pulled up ask,d if i was jimmy ************* i say,d yes and he say,d thank Feck for that is it ok for me to park up over there and eat my key bab lol

not a problem ,

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 5

Had one when i was shooting crows one morning came over waving has hands in the air and his doverman showing its teeth

shouting leave the crows alone they do no harm

i try,d to explain as best i could about lambing season and that they peck the eyes out of the lambs

but there was no reasoning with him .ill call the police he shouted in my face and i mean right in my face

ill not say what happened next but lets put it this way his dog ran one way and he well ill let you all think on that lol

He now asks if iv getting much and waves when he see,s me ,

Iv had plod come down on me and viz a few times one time i was sitting on the farmers wall when they pulled up and this cocky police woman ask,d if i had permission to be there ,

I told her well as im sitting on the wall of the farmers garden and she is waving at me out of her window i would say yes

the male officer was p*ssing him self laughing witch made her worse I WANT TO SEE YOUR PAPERS AND WHERE IS YOU CAR

Parked next to the farmers jeep around the back

Honest the male officer was by this time wetting him self lol

she went off to check the car and with the farmer and me and the other officer just talked about the rifles

when she came back she ask,d where my papers were and i told her they were on the dash of the car at witch she say,d are you taking the P*ss out of me

the male officer say,d no he is not your doing a fine job of that your self

at witch she just started laughing and told me to p*ss off

she even waved at me with a big smile on her face when they left .

Had one turn up in a big riot van he pulled up ask,d if i was jimmy ************* i say,d yes and he say,d thank Feck for that is it ok for me to park up over there and eat my key bab lol

not a problem ,

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Can't be many feckers that look like you mate,

Showed he not know it was you, mind there probably was a few half ton bulls kickingabout lol

DJ

• Like 1

Me and my old man were ferreting the verge one year, two lady cops pulled up as they 'had a report about coursing' ! I says no, were ferreting love, she didn't know what we were on about and started asking a few details, land owner etc etc when a rabbit bolted, I grabbed it and did the obligatory necking, the cop piped up in a very loud manner, 'THATS NOT A FERRET, ITS A RABBIT ! Your quite correct I replied, we tend not to kill all of our ferrets nowadays, she was bouncing around like I had just rifled through a granny's purse or something, took an age before she realised what ferreting actually was and calmed down, they both left a little more educated on the countryside and on good terms, so not a bad finish, but just goes to show the type of people we have in the countryside to start with.

• Like 1

I had an arse of a neighbour of mine call the police when I'd been plinking/zeroing in my garden. Nice lass in uniform at the door asks if I've been shooting an air rifle in the garden? I said, "In MY garden, yes.

So we have a chat. She says "I just want your side of the story before we do something silly!".

So I show her my rifle (Daystate Regal .177 on this occassion) Chrono test sheet from Daystate, and into the garden where she can see the targets plus backstops like the paving slab behind the target board. the banked earth mound behind that. Nothing that a pellet would have the slightest risk of penetrating and going astray out of bounds should I happen to have the one day in my life when I miss a barn door....

She leaves, satisfied that the law has not been broken in any way and goes round to the troublemaker to tell him ( I overheard her and the prat talking).

"Sorry. He's perfectly within his rights to shoot a legal limit air rifle on his own land and he's taken every reasonable precaution and safety measure. Nothing we can do!" Etc.

And the Policewoman leaves and my neighbour had to throw a blue fit with his wife over it...

...Then, he dies of a brain tumour a few weeks later. :icon_eek::huh: My gardener does odd jobs for them too and he told me he's gone. Kaput. DEAD.

I shoot in peace and haven't heard a peep out of anyone since.

.....New neighbour is a nice bloke and a member of BASC who shoots clays!

• Like 3

I walked through the village one morning with a dog and the ferret box and I think I made it about half a mile before I had a cid car pull along side me and question me. Nice lady though and good as gold and wished me good luck ferreting. She was just doing her job. It was the curtain twitcher who ever it was I have an issue with

• Like 1