Bedroom Full Of Fcuking Euro Hornets !!!

Got home late this evening to the wife telling me she zapped a couple of hornets in the bedroom , no problem I'll have a look round the Barn in the morning ..end up going to bed knackered only to hear another one ...big b*****d .. zapped him then I notice one come out a tiny crack high up in the eaves ..ladder, gipper and give it a blast in the hole ...FCUK ME ..the bedroom is full of them , I've vacated our room for the night after emptying the tin of gipper at them ..last count I could see 40+ dead or dying ..tomorrow morning I'm going all out on the big fcukers ..

Certainly don't fancy getting stung by one that's for sure ..

• Like 1

They look like regular wasps.

No mate each one is an inch long

They look like regular wasps.

Just fished this one out the bin ,flat its over an inch long , there were some bigger ones as well ..European hornet , had them checked to make sure they wasn't Asian hornets which are notifiable ...gave the nest another spray this morning , looks like there all dead ..post-81636-0-69638800-1503513950_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

So far, this quiet season, amongst numerous Wasp nests, both Common and German (European ) we have also treated over 30 Hornets nests....

As a type, Hornets usually act pretty dumbly, compared to the far larger colonies of Wasps,...sometimes, I feel bad about destroying them... :hmm:

Unfortunately, it is, what it is, and in the Pest Control game,.. you have to do it, or someone else will...

However,.., if left well alone, Hornets do not cause the same problems as Wasps,..well, unless they come through the ceiling, then, I will admit, it is emotional, :laugh:

Edited by Phil Lloyd

So far, this quiet season, amongst numerous Wasp nests, both Common and German (European ) we have also treated over 30 Hornets nests....

As a type, Hornets usually act pretty dumbly, compared to the far larger colonies of Wasps,...sometimes, I feel bad about destroying them... :hmm:

Unfortunately, it is, what it is, and in the Pest Control game,.. you have to do it, or someone else will...

However,.., if left well alone, Hornets do not cause the same problems as Wasps,..well, unless they come through the ceiling, then, I will admit, it is emotional, :laugh:

Phil , I picked up about 90 inside and there was about the same outside under the window , is that average sort of size ?

And to be fair I wasn't hanging about to see if they were friendly , ?

Phil , I picked up about 90 inside and there was about the same outside under the window , is that average sort of size ?

And to be fair I wasn't hanging about to see if they were friendly ,

Some colonies of Hornets have a fair old population, but on the whole, the average nest is seldom massive...

If there is no more traffic in and out of the nest entrance, then the job is complete, finished, kaput...

Well done, but remember us poor old Pesters,... please don't make a habit of it... :laugh:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1