Favourite Big Game Animal

nice rifle what calibre is it

id like to hunt elephant ,if i ever won the lotery LOL

cheers Dan

Halo Dan, it the one in the picture is a 375h&h but I also shoot a 470ne...it helps a bit for the big stuff...and yes Elephant is a hard hunt, walking miles and miles just to get to that lone bull, big tusker, but the age is not right, so you have to let him go...

lovely rifle and great cartridge .375hh

i used to have a sako kodiak in .375hh used to reload rounds from 250gr to 380 gr.

what i like about the .375hh is the recoil was quite managable. Didnt seem much more than a .300win mag .I think it was down to very good case design with the shallow taper.

are you a PH Savanna ?

cheers Dan

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you know? The same way the antis know what we do is I suppose. On a thread about big game hunting, try showing a bit of respect eh.

Has anyone stopped to consider, maybe we view the big 5 (or 8 ?) differently as we don't have them in our country. I was once told I was wrong for shooting rabbits in the numbers I did, by a shoo

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

Posted Images

To me a 375 is the perfect all round caliber...my double dont like me loading over 300gr because of the pressure it makes, but I feel that is all I need, I did use a 350gr Woodleigh at one stage, but yes my rifle didnt like it alot...and yes sir I am a ph, my grandfather was a hunter, and my dad is still today a ph, so I grew up hunting, and since I can remember, it was all I wanted to do...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of the trophy animals from the Tom Miranda African video,i have seen some pics of amazing trophy rooms on american forums.

I have to tell you, I have seen some mexican trophyrooms, and it is amazing...but these on the picture is also pretty nice...that is a result of a couple of years hunting...

It took him 18 years to harvest those animals mate,each was taken with a bow.I think your a exceptionally lucky guy to live where you do and be in the profession your in :thumbs:

I'll second that. Honestly couldn't think of a better career/life than being a PH/guide in either Africa or N.America.

More pictures please Savanna!

• Like 2

Couldn't pay me enough to shoot an elephant,hardly fecking sporting is it.....

Do some research on elephants

Have you seen a wild elephant.?

There a real problem in some areas. a pest and need to be culled if the numbers allow

And there incredibly tough to hunt not a walk in the park by any means

Cheers Dan

I ordered Tom Mirandas Dark Continent DVD just waiting for it to be delivered,shows bowhunting of africas big-five I know he gets a big elephant as he has it stuffed and its in his trophy room :thumbs: You can do a non-trophy elephant hunt in Zimbabwe for around £10k.

thats some theat ! I think he may have got a a N american grand slam with a bow also

what format do you get them IN region 1 or pal

ive got a cheap dvd player that plays region 1

The box-set came yesterday,i have watched the big-5 so far PAC elephant hunt in Zimbabwe,fantastic hippo hunt,crystal clear footage,well worth buying :thumbs:

It took him 18 years to harvest those animals mate,each was taken with a bow.I think your a exceptionally lucky guy to live where you do and be in the profession your in :thumbs:

I have to tell you, I wont exchange it for anything in the world. It is something I feel every hunter sould experience atleast once in their life...

• Like 1

wild boars are my key quarry.

i have just set up my tree stand,camera and dropped down 300lb of apples.

wild boar have been quite an hunting experience.i had one sow think about charging me,so she got plugged

and i had one stripey baby go to attack me after i had shot it.

if things go alreet this coming few months i will start my own thread.

i have got drawn for cow elk this year also.

a whitetail will also be plugged for the freezer

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 3